• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Movie Industry and Drug/Alcohol Abuse

Rambo!12

Bluelighter
I am really struggling here. I wont say what show or people I work with for obvious reasons. I have fought addiction since I was 18. Started with alcohol, then weed, then cocaine, then molly, then meth, then back to loads of coke at work followed by loads of xanax and norcos to sleep. So many things hit me at once. I overdosed on heroin was hospitalized, before that happened I got a DUI which I am dealing with, was disqualified from joining the army because I had a DUI, my sister is leaving for Malaysia for 2 years (who I consider my only true friend) My brand new car was stolen and I dont have theft insurance, my dad could die any day now and my use exploaded. I went to rehab and was doing great. 3 months without a single drink, line, pill, etc. I quit for 3 months before all this shit came raining down on me and working in the movie business does not help with that. Its tearing my relationships apart with my family and they cry and urge me to please stop, which angers me even more, causing me to want to do more.

Cocaine and alcohol is abundant at work. We have half ounces minimum of coke. norcos on deck, xanax, meth, and of course mary jane in the truck at all times and a cooler full of beer right next to it. The hours we work makes it close to impossible not to take something, whether its 100 cups of coffee or lineing up meth. Everyone does it and if you dont they don't trust you and shun you. I have lost 20 pounds. I am weak and my job requires very heave lifting. I was wondering any tips you guys could have if you were in a similar situation. Movie business experience would be great, how to approach the guys to say your done with that shit, how to ease comedown so i can still work, should I get off all drugs at once or get of meth first, then coke, then drinking, then xanax? Cold turkey will all of these seems pretty risky. Other jobs who have had similiar experiences would help too. Any advice would help me. I need to quit, want to quit, but to keep on the bosses good side (who does mountains of blow) I gotta do it. fucked up business, why everyone peals over at 40. I love it and I hate it. They don't understand that if I take that first line, I will not stop until that bag is gone. drink a beer the case is gone. take a norco norcos gone. I can't control it. I get all my shit done and I am doing it just to fit in. Not that I don't fuckin love getting blasted, but hard place to quit.

Basic questions. How should I express to coworkers I will not take part in the drugs anymore while at work
Should I quit one drug at a time. Or take out meth and coke first, followed by beers and benzos, or quit em all at once
What are the dangers of quitting this many drugs at once.
Anybody with experience with similiar situation please share your story

Thanks and much love to the bluelight community. This site has helped me a ton.

Quote: Being better than you used to be, is meaningless.
Nothing more than a self pitty comment to convince yourself you are getting better
Soon youl be buried under depression, debt, and empty bindles once again
Be the best you can be in everything you do
Your mindset needs to change
You are capable of great things, yet you wallow in self pitty
You are wasting a life with great potential
Dont let drugs take it
Dont let them win the war
Battle after battle
Day after day
Regain your life
This is your homeland
To war we go...fight till the death

you can't join the army if you have a dui? being president is ok apparently though

The first "basic question, is really up to you because you are the one to know how you communicate with them. If I realy have to answer this, I'd say just cold tell them that you stop doing drugs. Is there any rull in your job that all workers MUST take drugs?
The second question is all about if you are physically dependent to any of the drugs you use, cause if you are,the wd from so many different drugs could kill you. First try to stop taking the drugs you are not physically addicted to. And then start decreasing before totally stopping the drugs you are physically dipendent on.

If you ask me, you should stop the beers first, cause since you drink only beers you ain't an alcoholic so it will be an easy step. If you quited benzos first you would go to heavy drinking and getting physically dependent to alcohol is something you really don't want. Benzos are not ephoric in comparinson with alcohol but meth is gonna cover that problem. Then you should stop coke. T.b.h. I can't see why you take both meth and coke, meth should be enough.

Then, If I were you I would gradually decrease meth and benzos together, until being able to totally quit.
About you being weak and your job requiring heavy lifting, I'd say fix your nuttrition and maybe use some chemical proteins, they should help. Drugs don't make you physically stronger, even if the adrenalin boost from the stimulants and the pain decrease from the alcohol give you some sort time help.

It seems you have a long distance to getting clear and gonna nead much will power to do it. Good luck m8.