• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Most sedating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
I know of three classes of drugs which are highly sedating: benzodiazepines, barbituates, and antipsychotics. Out of these I've had two different types: the benzos and antipsychotics. Now while certain benzos are quite sedating no question for me antipsychotics win hands down. I find it impossible to stay awake on either chlorpromazine or seroquel.

Yeah seroquel made me sleep 18hours a day for about 2-3 days STRAIGHT, from ONE DOSE. It was slow-moving every time I was awake too. Makes me think seroquel is one of the best drugs for opiate withdrawal imo.

Also I'd say ketamine might be more sedating :p hahaha

Yeah seroquel made me sleep 18hours a day for about 2-3 days STRAIGHT, from ONE DOSE. It was slow-moving every time I was awake too. Makes me think seroquel is one of the best drugs for opiate withdrawal imo.

If it doesn't knock you out straight away though (which is not a given since many opioid addicts use antihistamines to potentiate their drugs, and thus have some tolerance) you can probably expect mad RLS.

Morphine is sedating. Midazolam is sedating.

Carfentanil. Now that's what I call sedating. You just have to pretend to be a Siberian brown bear or a Chechen terrorist and they might even give you a free dose, courtesy of Vladimir Putin.

Carfentanil. Now that's what I call sedating. You just have to pretend to be a Siberian brown bear or a Chechen terrorist and they might even give you a free dose, courtesy of Vladimir Putin.
Lol

What about some Propofol? Quite sedating and after waking up you're incredible high for a few minutes :D

Alimemazin, levomepromazin... tricyclics and anticholinergics that put you downer than a downer.

There's a ton of different drugs that are sedating, I don't understand the point of this thread. If you figure out a way to reword this so that is a question I can reopen the thread, but as it is no I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.