• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

most efficient way to take adderall xr?

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
swim has been abusing adderall off and on for a few years now(and sometimes vyvanse instead). when swim first started using adderall he got very intense euphoric highs just from taking 3 adderall ir (10 mgs each so 30 mgs total). nowadays the only type he can get his hands on is adderall xr capsules(also 10 mg) but taking 3 of them(so 30 mgs still) didnt result in a very satisfying high for him so for a while he'd have to take 40 mgs or 50 mgs to get the same euphoric high he used to get a few years ago with adderall ir. swim took 60 mgs of adderall xr today(for the first time in a month) and while he was very high he didnt feel the same level of euphoria that he used to. is adderall ir just that much better than adderall xr even tho it doesnt last as long or is this just a matter of tolerance? swim goes a month or two without taking any adderall at all and then binges from a couple days to a couple weeks(depending on how many he bought) before taking another break. its understandable that they wont be as much fun by the end of a binge but today when swim took 60 mgs was the first time hes been high on amphetamines in about a month so he thought it would be more intense than it was. He did have a good time, but hes had better highs on lower doses before. so to get the point (swim apologizes for being so wordy) does swim just need to take a higher dose now if he wants the same old high or can he not get the euphoric feeling back regardless of the dose? also swim has always only swallowed his pills. hes tried crushing up the adderall xr beads to defeat the extended release and it gave him a noticeably stronger rush but still not like when he started using. would snorting or smoking them give him the euphoric rush that hes missing? and even if it wont bring back the euphoria would it at least help him save pills or would he still need to snort/smoke the same dose as when he swallows them to get high? swim apologizes again for rambling a bit and thanks anyone who has advice.
also how dangerous is smoking adderall compared to other methods? swim knows people who snort adderall even though he doesnt and knows about how safe it is compared to swallowing but hes never talked to anyone who smokes them. swims aware that shooting up would make for the best high but isnt up for the risks involved in doing that

If you have the XRs you can smoke them and it works a lot better than taking it orally. Just mix the beads in with your weed or smoke them off tin foil. They take harsh but it is worth it. Don't try smoking the IR though

Best way, from heavy experience, is to take add 15 more mg of XR to a dose that you would usually take with IR;

For example: if you usually take 30 mg of IR for desirable effects, take 45 mg of XR as substitute.

THEN (most important) pour out the beads of XR into a folded piece of paper, and carefully crush them up with a handle of a knife, or anything flat, heavy, strong, and durable.

OR, alternatively, pour the beads into a shot glass and take a rounded hard object and grind/crush the beads into a fine powder. MAKE SURE to get all the beads crushed.

Then pour the beads into some water, a sandwich, back into the capsules, or just in a price of toiled paper and fold it into a parachute.
That's pretty much it for getting to best effects from it.

Basically what this method does is SIGNIFICANTLY but NOT 100%, counters the "Extended Release" bogus shit.
It won't be AS effective as IR mg by mg (which is why I suggested adding 15 more mg of XR than IR) but it will be nearly as effective.

The way you took it, it did what XR is meant to do and released half the dose you just took and slowly released the other half over a 4 hour period.
For example; If you took 40 mg XR, ONLY 20 mg was released instantly and them the other 20 mg was released slowly over 4 hours AFTER the first 20 mg was released instantly.

Again this is from trial and error experience, Addy XR sucks lol

And if you REALLY want to get insane euphoria, take that powder, I'd say at least half of a normal dose, stir it with 5-10 ML of warm water, and pull it up in a oral syringe or one of those ear cleaning baster thingies, and shoot it straight up your booty hole. Not as bad as it sounds, it's "officially" called plugging and is very effective bioavailability wise. Again it's if you REALLY want to get the best out of it.

Goodluck bro, cheers!

so you shouldnt crush up the beads before smoking them? swim will probably sprinkle it on his weed since he likes mixing the two drugs anyway and might help with the taste but how many addies should he smoke at once compared to how many he would swallow? at this point i'd say his average does when taking them orally is 50 or 60 mgs. he took 70 once and had some bad side effects. also about how many hours should one expect the high to last before he starts crashing?

haha thanks for the advice man but swim doesnt like putting anything up his butt even if it would make for a great high. but thats a good idea about crushing them up in paper, last time swim tried smashing them in a measuring cup a bunch bounced out and he probably lost a third of a pill so he'll try that instead next time. adderall ir is much better but unfortunately swims old dude for buying ir is done selling them. swims somehow always impressed with how long adderall xr lasts but the highs not half as intense or enjoyable so he'd happily settle for a shorter lasting high if it meant more intense euphoria. swim works 8 hours shifts (store closes at midnight) and its very important to him that he keeps his high going through out the entire work shift so that he isnt crashing outside the comforts of his home and his bong. will crushed up addy xr last 8 hours or should swim plan to take more part way through his shift? the addy xrs annoying cause it keeps going after he gets home and he ends up not sleeping at all

so you shouldnt crush up the beads before smoking them? swim will probably sprinkle it on his weed since he likes mixing the two drugs anyway and might help with the taste but how many addies should he smoke at once compared to how many he would swallow? at this point i'd say his average does when taking them orally is 50 or 60 mgs. he took 70 once and had some bad side effects. also about how many hours should one expect the high to last before he starts crashing?

No need to crush up the beads since you'll be burning through them. Just make sure the lighter doesn't come into direct contact with the beads, because the flame is hot enough to destroy the addy. You want to make a sandwich with weed-adderal-weed if you're using a bong so the cherry from the weed turns the addy into a vapor. I think the best way is to just throw 2 30 XRs into a fat blunt

If you have the XRs you can smoke them and it works a lot better than taking it orally. Just mix the beads in with your weed or smoke them off tin foil. They take harsh but it is worth it. Don't try smoking the IR though

DO NOT try and smoke your pills. Adderall, dexedrine, all amphetamine prescription pills are designed specifically so that they CANNOT be smoked. Speed, in one form or another, has pretty much always been my thing. This is not just coming from me, my best friend who for a long period had a script looked heavily into any possibility of being able to smoke it, and it just isnt feasible (w out doing a multistep chemical reaction process a lot harder than cooking crack). If you wanna smoke, gotta go w crystal. Anyway, the best way to defeat the time release is to pour the beads out into a folded dollar bill (or some kind of paper but regular notebook kind easily tears during process), then use a lighter or something similar to crush/ grind the beads into a powder (this doesnt work w vivanse, in fact the whole point of vivanse is to prevent you from doing this) then snort (or ingest it orally but since from beads its pure (at least not ton of fillers and binders, etc) easy to snort. I found mixing snorting and taking the xr pills togeth3er had best effect

You cannot smoke adderall in the way you can smoke amphetamine freebase, it is not the same thing. Your adderall is basically plastic like beads that have milligrams of amphetamine in them and 100s of milligrams of additional garbage, any effect from smoking them has to be largely placebo. I would avoid inhaling the combustion byproducts of plastic as they are probably very toxic.

I have found the best way to take adderall is orally, it took forever for me to realize this. When I was younger I tried smoking them after I did a crappy water based extraction and got a small amount of powder in the end it didnt do anything. For the longest time I would do about 20mg insufflated which was enough to get me going pretty hard. I have found that 10mg orally is great for times you arent trying to be a rocket ship as it is in the background and gives you a very noticeable but subtle enough stimulation to get shit done (without beating off for hours) and you barely crash too.

It sounds like you are getting a tolerance. I can not comment on how tolerance to stimulants work as I never really did enough to get to that point. You may want to consider slowing down if you are getting tolerant to the point that you are asking for advise on how to get fucked up again, not a path you want to be on especially with stimulants.

DO NOT try and smoke your pills. Adderall, dexedrine, all amphetamine prescription pills are designed specifically so that they CANNOT be smoked. Speed, in one form or another, has pretty much always been my thing. This is not just coming from me, my best friend who for a long period had a script looked heavily into any possibility of being able to smoke it, and it just isnt feasible (w out doing a multistep chemical reaction process a lot harder than cooking crack). If you wanna smoke, gotta go w crystal. Anyway, the best way to defeat the time release is to pour the beads out into a folded dollar bill (or some kind of paper but regular notebook kind easily tears during process), then use a lighter or something similar to crush/ grind the beads into a powder (this doesnt work w vivanse, in fact the whole point of vivanse is to prevent you from doing this) then snort (or ingest it orally but since from beads its pure (at least not ton of fillers and binders, etc) easy to snort. I found mixing snorting and taking the xr pills togeth3er had best effect

People used to say the same thing about smoking Roxy, and guess what, it works and loads of people do it. So does smoking adderal XR. Like I said the IR have too much filler to smoke well but the XR smoke well. Nothing beats a fat addy blunt with 60mg addy and half an 8th of dro

thanks for the advice everyone! it seems to be disputed if smoking adderall xr works or not and since i only have so many pills to fuck around with i dont want to chance wasting any of them by finding out for myself if you can smoke them. it seems like it could work but i just parachuted some today by wrapping the crushed up beads in toilet paper for the first time instead of putting them back in the capsule like ive done in the past(that took much longer to do without dropping beads and didnt pay off as well) and it hit me much harder even on a lower dose so im good now with the intensity im getting. gonna stop getting them pretty soon anyway but wanted to make sure the last few highs are good ones. never thought i'd be swallowing toilet paper before haha but it just took a tiny bit and it went down easy so thank you whoever suggested that