• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc most effective hops.catnip or skullcap?

markosheehan

Bluelighter
which is the most effective in peoples experiences for insomnia and relaxation hops,catnip or skullcap?
does anyone know any products with all 3

Don't know. It takes about an ounce of catnip to make a tea that does the trick, though. Just put some in a coffee/tea maker.

Im not familiar with using any of these for insomnia. Noble kava root powder and Valerian root are pretty good herbal medications for insomnia

^^^ I highly recommend kava kava it really works wonders for me
Takes the edge off of your anxiety and slightly relaxes you just enough to fall asleep, but simultaneously isn't really enough to be habit forming or keep you drowsy the next morning (at least for me) AND is available OTC in most places

skullcap but valerian is better for insomnia than skullcap. kava is wonderful but i prefer it for recreation/spiiritual development than sleep.

Skulllcap and hops combine very well.
Add passionflower and blue lotus flowers.

Steep for few weeks in very sweet white wine.

Strain.
One glass is relaxation
Two glasses should be enough for moderate sedation or ease to cross to sleep.

I can't use kava or valerian that's why I'm asking about the ones I mentioned.

Does anyone one know any products with skullcap,hops,catnip, passionflower,blue lotus combined but no kava or valerian in it.

Do these substances actually produce a noticeable affect or is it like placebo or drinking green tea.

Ime green tea is much stronger. So i think no sorry but i could of bought garbage but i tried all of em accept blue lotus.

On a side note doesnt blue lotus have a maoi inhibitor harmine?

Also if your looking for xanax like effects i really think u cant come close i quit trying after buying dozens of herbs.

The main herb with strong pharm like potency is weed

These plants certainly alter ones perception.
For insomnia skullcap would be the best choice, although, when catnip tolerance is reversed, catnip can be more useful.
And since tolerance is continuously dropping catnip is the cheapest and safest in the long run.
and passionflower/hops will probably have the most subtle effect, but can be a good additive for Potentiation.
Blue lotus is nice too, but for me it does not cause that much sedation.

Thanks for your helpful reply.
I think I will look into skullcap extracts unless you know anything better?
Is skullcap safe for your liver do you know.