• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Most dengerous drugs for your health

^^ Thanks Special...you know you really are......special
Satricon...too true...however I was not taking those other things into account, merely the actual getting off the drug process, and in my opinion heroin is the hardest drug to get off as in quit cold turkey etc. Whether getting back on the horse has anything to do with the technical terms of addiction, well, you have proved that it does, so like I said, you are right about that.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Comparing heroin to meth, i dont know which is more dangerous for your health but if your talking about addiction then i know heroin is more addictive than meth

Urbanhog i ment both, mentally and physycally thnkx for the replies BL's

^addictive potential is hard to quantify, and it's probably fallacious to attempt to assign a hard'n'fast rating to each drug in the pharmacopaeia.

I mean - take tobacco (nicotine). In it's original context (ritual use by N American inigenous people), it probably caused very little harm, with few people "addicted" to it. Fast forward to the present - large corporations have spent a lot of time & effort designing and perfecting a delivery device to maximise addictive potential - and fuck me if cigs aren't a bastard to quit! And what about heroin - prior to prohibition in 1954, Australians were the largest per capita consumers of hereoin in the world, with very few problems. Now we consume about 100x as much (per capita), and there's definitely harm 8(

According to Zinberg (Drug, Set and Setting 1984 - you can read it online at www.drugtext.org ) the harms (or dangers, in the context of the thread title) associated with a particular drug can only be understood by considering the drug (action, purity, dose, route of administration), the mental state of the person taking it (or "set"), and the context of the drug taking ("setting"). He even argues that, for instance, the current illicit and stigmatised status of heroin makes it harder to be a casual user - the context pushes heroin users towards dependent use. I'd have to agree with that one.

Meth is a tricky one for me - obviously smoked crystal meth is highly habit forming, but I wonder how many people would become dependent meth users if they really understood from the get go how habit forming it is. I suspect that incidence of dependence is increased by a "it won't happen to me" or "it can't be that bad" attitude. Also consider - in Australia, heroin is understood to be the devil drug - meth users can tell themselves that they are using a soft drug "compared to heroin". And if they are smoking it, they can still hate on those goddamn needle freaks! ;) In comparison - everyone knows skydiving is dangerous - but you need to be trained, and use special equipment, before you jump out of a plane. Imagine if you could go to "meth school" - would meth be safer then? I think it would.

Now - just to contradict all that erudite shit - here's my 2c on dangerous drugs - fucking datura!!!! also avils and artane 8o Who the hell ever has any fun on those drugs!!!

I've had meth on a fair few occasions, but its not something that I would want to devote my time and money to getting addicted...

Sure its nice at the time, but that comedown is a bitch... yay lets feel dirty and scat for a couple days YAY!

Dexamphetamine tabs are my amphetamine of choice, even though I rarely consume the fuckers. But when I do take em i prefer to do ~100mg and get a decent buzz happening.

So much cleaner than filthy street meth.

THAT SAID... if meth was cheaper and more widely available than it is in my area (western australia) then I'm sure I'd consume a lot more... but still, as something to get hooked on... it all comes down to the person.

Not the drug.

People blame chemicals for their own weakness.

John Candy said:
^^ Thanks Special...you know you really are......special
Satricon...too true...however I was not taking those other things into account, merely the actual getting off the drug process, and in my opinion heroin is the hardest drug to get off as in quit cold turkey etc. Whether getting back on the horse has anything to do with the technical terms of addiction, well, you have proved that it does, so like I said, you are right about that.

Cheers.

So... read the question... stay on topic, you're a bully! :\ Dude I honestly feel for you and other people in your shoes that have had to go through addiction and the attempt to become clean. I hope it never has to happen to me. Meth addicts (that I personally know) say they wouldn't wish the *Disease* upon anyone, even their worst enemy. John Candy, you act like I have not seen any of this, I HAVE, I have seen it BAD, Very bad. You are sounding like a know it all... (Iam not taking a shot, you really do)

Just because you feel Iam not of your equal or something does not mean to bully and insult me. Why does everyone think they're better than other people. IMHO Everyone is Equal... Im not feelin the love John!

SpecTBK =D

What about dexamphetamine compared to methamphetamine? Does it have the same neurotoxicity? Or is that more a property of it's big brother with the extra CH3? I ask this because I get dextros prescribed for ADHD, and, of course, dont' ALWAYS just use them for that ;)
And I prefer them to meth.

^^^ If I were you I'd be dosing regularly on anti-oxidants. I don't know just how neurotoxic Dexies are, but they surely can't be 'good' for you brain.

But then again, if you're not abusing them, the 'low' dosages might not be all that bad...

Special...uughh, I can't be fucked with it right now. But to point one thing out, I'm not a know-it-all. If you read my posts again they contain such phrases as "in my opinion" and "my experience is" etc. I flamed your meth post because you deserved it and you know why, so please stop baiting me with sarcastic comments, it's not as sly or subtle as you may think.

Cheers.