• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine vs Opana ER

Rodoe420

Greenlighter
I'm fairly experienced with morphine and dosing it. I do not IV or plug it. taking half of a n100 and waiting about another hour and taking the other half will produce and give me a satisfying lingering buzz that stays with me for hours... less euphoria compared to oxycodone but to me the fact that it lasts so long and lingers in my neck and spine is a deal breaker... anyways I've recently came into possession of Opana ER 20 mg's and I'm wondering about the potency and the dosage. do any of you have experience with Opana ER? is it similar to morphine in strength? I was thinking about taking half of the 20 mg opana to start and work from there... I have a moderately high opioid tolerance, hydrocodone's don't even get me high anymore... what are your thoughts any suggestions or information is much appreciated. thanks

You can do a search on an 'opioid equivalency chart' to find out exactly how it compares to morphine. Opana (oxymorphone) is fairly more potent. I think compared to oxycodone it is around 8-10x stronger, but don't quote me on that. It also has a very weak oral bioavailability (~10% )

You can do a search on an 'opioid equivalency chart' to find out exactly how it compares to morphine. Opana (oxymorphone) is fairly more potent. I think compared to oxycodone it is around 8-10x stronger, but don't quote me on that. It also has a very weak oral bioavailability (~10% )
This
Oxymorphone seems to be around 10 times as potent as morphine, while oxycodone is around twice as potent as morphine.
Oxycodone has a half life of around 2-3 hours while oxymorphone has a half life of around 7-9 hours

It's ten times as potent milligram for milligram wen administered IV i believe. Orally it would be what, 3x the strength?

A lot of people don't take that into account. I know a lot of people who sniff opioids believe oxycodone is twice as strong as morphine, because nasally it is. But as a drug, when 100% bioavailability is taken into account (IV injection) morphine is twice as strong as oxycodone. I know when I was shooting 200 mg morphine tabs a 40 mg OxyContin barely cut the sickness