• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine sublingual

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Can you crush the severdrol and use it sublingually, I know it works with oramorph.

I just tried plugging, took 20mg oxy and plugged 20mg morphine it made me have a little nod for a hour now I just feel normal
tbh I wish I took it orally it lasts longer.

Can these tablets be used sublingually. or am I wasting it
I cant use rectal I get bad constipation only did it today cos did a big body movement. and tbh i dont wanna be shoving tablets up my arse everyday like I wouldwith dissolved mscontin
I was a zombie plugging that everyday then sometimes id be too blocked up so would be in withdrawal all day.
I did notice on MSCONTIN even orally, I could go like 16hours max without a dose as I had no IR prescribed then.

Osborne et al.8examined morphine sulfate ad-ministered by a variety of routes in a crossoverstudy of healthy volunteers (n10). In the sub-lingual arm (n8), participants were adminis-tered morphine (11.7 mg tablet) and instructed toretain it until dissolution (0.180.06 hour). Theauthors did not specify whether saliva was sub-sequently expectorated or swallowed. Blood sam-ples were collected at intervals and serum as-sayed by HPLC. Bioavailability of sublingualmorphine was 21.9%6.0%, which was not sig-nificantly different from that of oral morphine(20.1%8.7%). The sublingual route proved in-ferior by other indices, including Tmax(sublin-gual1.751.3 hour; oral0.840.4 hour)and Cmax(sublingual displayed non-statisticallysignificant reductions relative to intravenous andoral).Davis et al.18performed a crossover study ofsublingual, oral, and intramuscular morphinesulfate in patients with cancer pain (n6). Sub-lingual retention time was not specified, nor wasthe fate of the morphine-rich saliva. Blood sam-ples were drawn periodically and serum assayedby RIA. Bioavailabilities of sublingual and oralmorphine were 23% and 25%, respectively, a non-statistically significant difference.Robison et al.,9in a review of sublingual opi-oids, cited their own submitted (but not pub-lished) data of a crossover study of cancer pa-tients