• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine SR - Insufflate, Crush & Chew, or Plug?

ShaunG

Bluelighter
I have spent some time reading past posts on this forum and there really is not a consensus on what to do with morphine pills for those of us that do not IV. I understand IV is the best way, but given I do not IV, wtf do I do with this stuff? I have done many opiates, but I have never done morphine unless you count the drip from snorting some weak h a few times. I stumbled on to 20 or so blue 15mg Morphine SR. Each thread I have read seems to not really go in the same direction. Is morphine really that fickle as someone else put it? 60mg-80mg oxy would make me feel free decent if you want an idea of tolerance. I take Vicodin in small doses (10mg) daily for pain, but still like to get recreational whenever I can find anything. I don't want to waste them...ideas?

Last edited:
Never tried it myself, but I came accross these stats....

Bioavailability, 20-40% (oral), 36-71% (rectally), and for what it's worth 100% (IV).

Not 100% sure about the above, but am 99% sure.

Edit: Give me 25 minutes to confirm the above.
IV
Plugging
Oral
Snorting

Last edited:
Definitely plug. I did morph for a long time before switching to H. I always had the 100mg ER.

plugging is the only way ( besides IV ) that actually gets a decent amount of morph to your brain.

if your taking about 70mg of oxy make you feel good I would plug 100mg of morphine. So you only have about 3 highs with those 20 pills.

Thanks. I am familiar with the oral conversions, but was more curious as to ROA. I haven't seen anything besides here/say on insufflated bioavailability. It seems some say oral is just fine at a decent dose and some say it is worthless. The same can be said for snorting it from reading the past posts. Anyone have any hands on input?

Last edited:
yeah definetly plug. Once you get over the whole thing about sticking something in your ass- which you will do as soon as the high hits you :p

Thanks. I am familiar with the oral conversions, but was more curious as to ROA. I haven't seen anything besides here/say on insufflated bioavailability. It seems some say oral is just fine at a decent dose and some say it is worthless. The same can be said for snorting it from reading the past posts. Anyone have any hands on input?

EDIT: Plugging 7 15s seems like a lot. Can it be extracted with CWE?

snorting is the same if not worse than oral. and snorting like 13 pills would suckk.

stick to plugging or oral.

plugging= 80-120mg
oral= 150-160mg

you cant do a cwe but you can let the pills sit in about 5ml of saline over night to defeat the time release. Makes it so you can use an even lower dose to achieve the same feeling.

If you absolutely have to insufflate, use an oral syringe and lay on your bed while slowly squirting your morphine/water solution in to each nostril. This is way more efficient, and keeps the talc and binders from going in to your lungs from snorting powdered, particulate matter.

Stay far, far, away from the needle. I know you don't IV now, but it might cross your mind in the future, and it's the last thing you need while chasing the high of short-acting opioids. There's no going back to other ROA's once you IV "just once" and feel the subsequent rush, so let sleeping dgs lie.

^^see

My thread is now like all the rest. I guess it is a matter of preference?

Ergic, I thought the BA was much lower when snorting (rumored at 10 percent). Also, these are SR pills (little blue M 15s) which I thought you could not do a CWE on as mentioned above? Do you mean smash them up or shred them with a hose clamp and let them sit in saline over night and then pull the water out with an syringe minus the needle? Also, how long are you high when insufflating way and what dose would you need compared to oral? :/

Last edited:
just get insufflating out of your head. its not practical for morphine pills.

and your not preforming a CWE when you let it sit overnight your just breaking the time release.

also you never just shove pills up your ass. that wont have ANY effect.

when you plug you crush and dissolve and then squirt that up your butt.

Okay. I ate some today without waiting to break the time release over night because I guess I had to see for myself. Wasted 5 pills.

Last edited:
/if you let mst pills sit in salt water overnight and take them orally the next day, will they give you a decent hit? thanks

Assuming these are the good old 15mg MS Contins being discussed?

Only way I ever had fun with these was to dissolve them in a mix of ethanol and salt water - the alcohol would break the pill down, and the salt would keep the wax from re-gelling up. This would take a few hours - faster if I crushed the pills up first. After they'd broken down, I'd chug the nasty solution on an empty stomach with pretty good results. If you need 60mg of oxycodone to feel good, I'd ingest 6 of them using the method I described.

Thanks, I must say I have now totally gone off oral morphine as its bio availability is so low, that I think only iv users would benefit from it, but i might be wrong. I know someone who snorts mst and swears by it, but not for me.
I prefer codeine or dhc, as they lift my mood without making me feel lethargic and sleepy.