• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine IV vs IM question.

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Im thinking about IMing Morphine, instead of IVing it (which is all i have ever done), to give my veins a break for awhile. Other then getting the rush, does it feel any different? All im looking for is the "warm blanket" type feeling. Im not injecting pills, this is pharma grade liquid Morphine.

Anyone have experience between the two?

The rush is far less pronounced with IM and a 'warm blanket' effect might be much harder to attain, depending on tolerance.

ROUTEONSET PEAK DURATION
PO
unknown 60 min4-5 hr
PO-ER unknown 3-4 hr8-24 hr
IM10-30 min 30-60 min4-5 hr
IVRapid20 min 4-5 hr
Rectal unknown20-60 min 3-7 hr
Subcutaneous 20 min 50-90 min 4-5 hr
Epidural6-30 min1 hr up to 24 hr
I.Thecalrapid (min) unknown up to 24 hr

Also rotating is important as MS can cause irritation, redness and swelling at the IM site.

Opioid-induced histamine release may be responsible for uriticaria & wheals.

th

( ^ this always happens to me if I end up getting some in subcutaneously)

Thank you for the reply! Ill try to make sure to get the needle in deep! I plan to use the glute or thigh as a injection point. That looks painful! Appreciate it Jekyl :)

What kind of needle are you using? For a lot of people the normal size insulin syringe isn't long enough and you need a larger gauge long length needle (so like 22 gauge 1").

The thigh and glute are my go to when IMing, which is my preferred route via injection. Especially the top of the thigh. It isn't the most comfortable, but it seems like the best way to avoid missing the muscle.

With the glute I need to use a longer point though. When I was really skinny I could get away with a 0.5" long point down through the top of my thigh, but no longer - and even then I'm sure half the time I just SC'd it by mistake.

Never had any issues with abscesses there back when I injected. I probably should consider myself lucky, but hey, I guess I'm just lucky...

The rush is far less pronounced with IM and a 'warm blanket' effect might be much harder to attain, depending on tolerance.

ROUTEONSET PEAK DURATION
PO
unknown 60 min4-5 hr
PO-ER unknown 3-4 hr8-24 hr
IM10-30 min 30-60 min4-5 hr
IVRapid20 min 4-5 hr
Rectal unknown20-60 min 3-7 hr
Subcutaneous 20 min 50-90 min 4-5 hr
Epidural6-30 min1 hr up to 24 hr
I.Thecalrapid (min) unknown up to 24 hr

Also rotating is important as MS can cause irritation, redness and swelling at the IM site.

Opioid-induced histamine release may be responsible for uriticaria & wheals.

th

( ^ this always happens to me if I end up getting some in subcutaneously)

Sexiest post ever!!!!!! The table, not the jpg lol :)

RIP opiophile <3

Last edited by a moderator: