• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine IR orally - bad nasal congestions... any tips?

MAIKU

Greenlighter
Hey all,

Got a batch of the 100 10mg Statex IR's recently, which I believe is the Canadian Morphine Sulfate IR. I don't have a major habit yet, in the past I've somehow managed to keep my habit at 15~20mg of Oxycodone IR's and being relatively content at that dose every weekend (and of course, I know I'm playing with fire regardless of how small that dosage is). With the Statex I need about 4-5 of the 10mg pills orally to get a similar warmness and nod... of course there is no Oxy like euphoria with the Morphine but I could still definitely feel and enjoy that warm opioid feeling (which I value more than the euphoria itself in the whole experience actually).

Anyways, the morphine itself is great but with one major problem... it seems that I get histamine reaction from Morphine unlike Oxycodone (which I have very little to no effects from at that low dose; not even the itchies), mostly COMPLETE nasal congestion of both sides as well as dry mouth. There's some itchies too but nothing too bothersome. But that complete nasal congestion makes it really, really difficult for me to relax and enjoy the nod as it makes breathing odd and bothersome for me... getting dry mouth in the first place and having to breathe through my mouth only only compounds that dry mouth problem as well. Has anyone had this nasal congestion problem when using Morphine and related natural opiates? What would be good solutions to nasal congestion? I figured it was the histamine reaction and tried the regular dosage of diphenhydramine along with it once (and to help the nod anyway)... but it didn't help much, maybe a little. Tried those over the counter nasal strips as well which don't do a thing... the only sure thing I know that will 100% get rid of my nasal congestion is the stock of Vyvanse and Dexedrine I have for my ADD (amps are like magic for nasal congestion for me), but I do not want to experiment with inadvertent speedballing here at all, even at my current low dosage.

Any tips on reducing nasal congestion would be appreciated. I've also been looking into possibly trying plugging, does plugging reduce histamine reaction from opiates at all compared to oral?

Thanks in advance.