• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids morphine instead of methadone

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Im sick of crushing oxys up
Ive taken heroin though so Im not sure morphine will work well for withdrawal de to the shitty bioavability.
I can take over 100mg oxy instant throghout the day im only presribed 80mg.

would extended morphine help me i remember feeling shit on it but never rattly
but read thety use it instead of methadone but no way would my dr give me more than 160mg.

fentanyl patches made me very mentally ill.

I get rls all through morning mix of withdrawal, quetiapine and ropinirole treatment
the rls leads me to abusing these drugs.
i dont wanna know what a full on rattle be like :( and glad i aint taking heroin everyday.
as i swear half a bag of heroin sniffed feels like 80mg oxy and injected gets me gouching the fuk out so my tolerance to H aint sky high.
is it cos im crushing my oxys, or is my tolerance to high.
What do I do man it out and not abuse the oxys. I got hydroxyzine and a lot of valium to help but im addicted to valium
and been on pregabs since 2011 so im a mess

bipolar and fibroyalgia

but read thety use it instead of methadone but no way would my dr give me more than 160mg.

160mg is WAY overkill for someone who does half a bag a day / gets high on 80mg oxy ... you could get away with 1/4 of that dose per day and be fine

XR morphine has low BA but it should last a good ~12 hr a dose. Still methadone would be the smarter choice, oral BA is high and it lasts a good 24h+

remember the point of maintenance therapy is not to get you "gouching the fuk out" as you put it, it's to bring you to a normal baseline

Hi there Hezman! Dude, I'm very sorry to hear that you're having to deal with such a complex problem. There are obviously a lot of different substances at play and a lot of different conditions at play. This really is a level of complication that I believe is going to be impossible to truly fix over Bluelight. That doesn't mean that myself and the community will not do our best, but I think that it's also very important that you keep your medical people completely apprised of your situation.

Would it be possible to take this apart and work piece by piece? From what I've read, it would seem that your dependence upon Opioids is the worst part, as in, you're using more than you're prescribed and you're trying to figure out how to fix it? Sekio mentioned Methadone and to be straight with you, that is where I see this situation ending. The climate concerning Opioid prescription right now will not work in your favor. You and thousands of other pain management folks are teetering on a razor's edge in which your scripts can be cut, reduced or completely stopped regardless of how painful or inhumane it might be.

Methadone is not the best choice, but for a lot of us, it's the only choice. It's the only situation in which you can more or less dictate the amount of Opioid you need to feel normal. As you know, you can't just dictate to your MD the dosage of Oxycodone that you would like. Anyway, there was a lot of material contained in your OP, so please forgive me if I'm focusing on the wrong issue here. Get back to us and we can talk!

I don’t know why you wouldn’t just go for methadone here. However I’m overly apt to recommend methadone as it has helped me tremendously. Maybe sub would be the ideal for your situation (I recommend sub for non-iv non-heroin addiction and methadone for iv heroin)

I live in Perú and I get pharma vials 20mg morphine 20mg/ml I maintain myself like that, I shoot 100mg a day of pure morphine, always get a rush and I can feel euphoria for a few hours. it works wonders for me and it's like 1/5 and of the price you pay for oxy in the US. it's a gift and a curse of me. but we'll I think morphine should be use more for maintance than morphine, 2 shots per day is enough to keep withdrawals at bay. and it doesn't harm my veins at all. too bad u guys don't have access to that, only at the hospital :(

would extended morphine help me i remember feeling shit on it but never rattly

They do indeed use XR morphine for opioid maintenance treatments in some places in Europe, but in recent years there's been a push towards buprenorphine and levomethadone due to how easy it is to abuse these xr morphine products:
Injection quadruples the bioavailability, and drug tests cannot differentiate between someone sticking to their morphine maintenance plan and someone still using heroin on the side (granted, you can test for 6-MAM to identify heroin use, but that costs extra, and 6-MAM has a pretty short half-life to begin with).

People used to be scripted take-home doses of hundreds of mg's per day, but nowadays pharmacies will generally just open the capsule in front of the patient and pour the beads into a spoon for them to swallow, because there was a thriving (and really gross) black market for pills that had been cheeked and spat out.

Last edited:
I'm currently prescribed 160 mg of old-formula (not the OP shit they have in the United States) OxyContin daily (2 x 80 mg) as well as 20 mg of OxyNorm Instant. What helps me when I'm in severe acute withdrawal, is Loperamide (60 mg makes me "almost" feel normal again, believe it or not - even with my tolerance). Clonidine helps a lot as well, both with RLS and the hot/cold flashes and muscle aches. Magnesium helps as well, as does Ascorbic Acid (aka "Vitamin C"). Make sure you stay hydrated and try to eat (something light and preferably healthy). Alprazolam also helps a lot, but if you do use Benzodiazepines, try to keep it as short as possible: you do not want to go down that road.

Oh, and I almost forgot Lyrica. If you don't already have a tolerance for it, it can work wonders for a plethora of symptoms, including those induced by opioid withdrawal. But again, try to not get addicted to them, because the withdrawal from it can be pretty severe too... But they can alleviate WD symptoms almost completely! Paracetamol/Acetominophen can also come in handy.

Stay away from caffeine and alcohol; instead make sure you stay hydrated!

People used to be scripted take-home doses of hundreds of mg's per day, but nowadays pharmacies will generally just open the capsule in front of the patient and pour the beads into a spoon for them to swallow, because there was a thriving (and really gross) black market for pills that had been cheeked and spat out.

If you think that's gross (which it is)... I've heard of people holding Methadone syrup in their mouth, spitting it in a container and then selling it to people in withdrawal who injected (!) the spat out Methadone syrup (which should never be injected as it is) in their veins!

Last edited: