• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine extended release question

Jm014800

Greenlighter
If someone were to have the 15mg Morphine sulfate (extended release) pills, (blue with m 15 imprint) what would be the best way forthem to use them to get high?

Not really a good way to phrase your question jm

However BA%(google it) is low by any non parenteral route; if not experienced you could just take to; personally would suggest grinding a couple up as finely as possible to break time release, and then take 15, or at most 30mg; Note that if this is your first time with morphine or a related drug, take sub-therapeutic dose FIRST, like 2.5-5mg, as an allergy test, then 15-20 is a good starter

DO NOT MIX THIS WITH OTHER DRUGS, especially depressants; should be aware that some RX non-narcotics can even cause problems so should post those

Basically take a modest dose of the morphine by itself and go from there; take an antihistamine, it will help combat the histamine release, reducing side effects and also 1st gen antihistamines like diphenhydramine or Promethazine (or the best, Hydroxyzine) can potentiate the buzz or high

Be cautious, it may not absorb well by mouth, however it is still a very powerful drug, and a heavy hitting opiate(even heroin is simply a pro-drug for morphine)

Be safe and feel free to pose any questions, well if this isn?t closed(shouldn?t be, though bad wording, it is still reducing (possible) harm

^ Yeah though this kind of thing gets asked all the time-My interprayion is ?this stuff doesn?t work well unless you inject it IV/IM(even SQ is better) and it is time released, how do I catch a buzz??

Of course that is picking and choosing-it could be closed, although typically more liberal here than BD

Plugging is supposed to work well, but don't abuse your meds you might lose them and if you're buying them from someone then that's just irresponsible

Morphine has a horrible oral BA, in the 20 some % neighborhood. That means that if you eat 100mg oral morphine, you're only absorbing 20 some mg, the rest is just excreted with no effect on your perceived effects of the drug. It's hard to answer your question if we don't know your tolerance/experience with opioid drugs, age, weight, metabolism, personal body chemistry, and the host of factors that play into how a drug will effect you. Preparing MS Contin for injection is a pain in the ass IMO, and you don't want to miss the vein with pills. That's asking for abscesses which could progress to sepsis. I almost lost an arm in my early 30s (10 years or so ago) because of that and had to have surgery and a 6 day stay in the hospital on IV antibiotics or sepsis would have set in and cost me my life.

The instant release pills are easier to prepare for injection, but it's best to take your pills PO, as they are intended to be taken. If you are getting them by prescription you may be subject to piss tests and pill counts at any time. Depending on your DR, any perceived track marks and/or unaccounted for pills missing from your bottle could be the excuse they need to kick you off (usually without a taper), thanks to the fake "opioid crisis" the govt. and media have created. I am a chronic pain patient myself (20 + years and counting) and they are making it harder every day for those of us who actually, legitimately need them to get them, especially strong enough opioids in strong enough dosages to give sufficient relief, mobility, and some quality of life. It's a sad state of affairs that America has it's priorities ass backwards and have basically declared a war on chronic pain patients. Use/abuse of these ever increasingly hard to get prescribed opioids by people with no Earthly need for them, which many of us legitimately need to have some kind of quality of life, gives more ammo to main stream media and the govt.'s fake opioid crisis and the opioid hysteria which drives many of us to heroin, jail, or suicide. Just something for not just you, but anyone taking opioids they don't need, to consider and think about how much harder it makes it for us legitimate CPPs to get the medications we need and our lives that much harder; Not that anyone seems to give a shit, especially our govt.

Last edited:
If you're trying to make the most of morphine I might as well share my personal experience. I was prescribed 10mg of liquid morphine after being stabbed. I paired this with 50mg Diphehydramine oral tablets to aid sleep after having the wound courtrized. I got a nice buzz from it, enough to sleep happily but not what I would call an endearing buzz. Not recreational but definitely nice. Please let us know how you are getting on.