• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine conversion ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppywonderland

Bluelighter
Ok so when I plug the numbers into one of those converters

30 mg of morphine oral = 20 mg oxycodone oral

does this calculator take bio availability into account?

well it must take BA into account since the two drugs are equal in strength intravenously.

However I also think the conversion is wrong. morphine is incredibly weak orally, and oxycodone absorbs quite well orally. I'd probably say 40-60 mg morphine would be equal to 20 mg oxycodone orally.

why would you shoot an opiate IM? seriously.

theyre equal in strength IV. just not by any other non-injection ROA.

well I did not say that I would! I never ever would! It's just a fact. But IV oxycodone is stronger from everything I have ever herd. As far as I know they are not equal.

no morphine is stronger when iv/im were as oxycodone is 1.5/2 stronger when taken orally than morphine according to wiki also for me they are two very different drugs morphine more sedating oxy more stimulating so conversions dont tell the whole story

well I am aware that morphine is more sedating I am talking pain relief. Anyways all I wanted to know is what was stated in the title. Because someone is giving me morphine and normally I take oxycodone. I am not planning on injecting the morphine, they are pills that gel. so i want to know how much I need to take respectively.

What calculator are you using? Most do not take BA into account, if I recall correctly. Some do, though, it just depends on which one you're using.

You don't need the calculator to do this, though. Just know that X amount of Drug 1 taken orally is equal to X amount of Drug 2 taken orally, then find the BA of Drug 2 to see how much you are actually getting.

I'm going to go ahead and close this. This type of discussion is more suited for BDD, but it has degraded into an argument about how sedating certain opiates are, so I'll just close it since you've gotten your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.