• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids morphine and promethazine?

nancy145

Bluelighter
would mixing morphine, or really any other opiod, and promethazine feel similar to mixing codeine and promethazine?

would mixing morphine, or really any other opiod, and promethazine feel similar to mixing codeine and promethazine?

Codeine is just a prodrug for morphine, so morphine would hit you much quicker/harder.

But really, the only thing Promethazine adds to the high is to make you sleepier. And not in a good way like a benzo. Promethazine is essentially just an outdated anti-psychotic that blocks dopamine receptors and thus actually decreases your euphoria.

So seriously, fuck this "lean" or "sizzurp" or whatever garbage.

Prometh is a really shitty way to 'enhance' your buzz. In my experience it just makes you tired & grumpy. As Hodor points out; not 'tired' like a benzo, just tired, like suddenly you have no energy and can't be fucked any more and it doesn't really enhance your buzz.

I liked lean/sizzurp/purple drank better than just plain codeine, but I've only done plain codeine once and lean once and idk the dose of the plain codeine i did so i might only have liked it better because it was a higher dose. is it worth a try mixing them, or is it just a complete waste of morphine?

I liked lean/sizzurp/purple drank better than just plain codeine, but I've only done plain codeine once and lean once and idk the dose of the plain codeine i did so i might only have liked it better because it was a higher dose. is it worth a try mixing them, or is it just a complete waste of morphine?

I have no personal experience with recreationally using opiates, but I'm pretty sure that anyone will agree that morphine is just so.much.fucking.better than Codeine that it makes little sense to "enhance" it with promethazine.

Plus, promethazine isn't even all that great as a potentiator - OTC antihistamines like Benadryl will potentiate the sedating effects of opiates without decreasing the euphoria through dopamine antagonism.

. Promethazine is essentially just an outdated anti-psychotic that blocks dopamine receptors and thus actually decreases your euphoria.
No no no no no where do you get your info. Prometh is a very strong anti histamine many abuse not a dopamine antagonist typical anti psychotic.

Edit : You can expect similar synergy between the two making the already more powerful sleep inducing morphine even more powerful. Careful to not bring out extreme respiratory depression and kill yourself. I am not joking

No no no no no where do you get your info. Prometh is a very strong anti histamine many abuse not a dopamine antagonist typical anti psychotic.

Edit : You can expect similar synergy between the two making the already more powerful sleep inducing morphine even more powerful. Careful to not bring out extreme respiratory depression and kill yourself. I am not joking
Actually you're both right. Promethazine is an anti-histamine as well as a first-gen/typical antipsychotic/neuroleptic, though it has strong sedative properties and weak anti-psychotic properties.

It was used as an anti psychotic, but in no way is it a receptor antagonisising anti-psych. Due to the strong anti histamine effect leading to sedation it was found to have an antipsychotic effect, but due to indirect action not direct like haldol. Just saying....

Sipping syrup is one of a kind you're not going to get its same effect using diffrent drugs than what's originally in it. I knew people that cooked jolly ranchers and mixed Xanax in it, tasted good and knocked people out they thought it was the real deal smh.