Morning eating

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
Been working out a lot lately and trying to eat more and better as I'm not trying to loose weight.

Problem is that I'm finding it difficult to eat much of anything the first half of the day. I find the act of eating to be repulsive and it's just so damn difficult to eat. Sometimes I can force a small meal (more of a snack) around lunchtime when I usually also have a protein shake.

It isn't until around 3-6PM that I feel hungry then I can eat fine. I usually end up having two decent meals then but a lot of times the second one ends up being too close to bed which effects my sleep quality.

Ive been doing my best to avoid drugs/alcohol/medications during this time. I am still having a cup of coffee in the morning otherwise I'm dragging so bad the rest of the day. Any recommendations? Do I just need to force my way through eating in the mornings until it becomes a habit?

It may be advantageous for you to try something like a protein shake or smoothie.. something not so filling and easy to gulp down to get some calories and protein and fats into your system. This works for me anyway, however it may not be for everyone.

It can just be your natural eating pattern.
I personally never eat before 3pm, I just can’t, my stomach won’t allow it. After that time I’m good. I take a lot of protein and I fit my daily cals into about 3-4 hours in the evening, I find it hard to sleep also if I eat after 7pm. Some would call that intermittent fasting but it’s not what I do on purpose.

I’m not trying to impugn your masculinity, but I have known a lot of females with a similar propensity to skipping breakfast and even lunch. Me, being the insensitive sot that I am. Have tried to push meals on them. Some have described it just like you did, that they find eating repulsive until they have normal hunger again.

I don’t know what any of it is about. The reason I replied was to share the only thing I’ve experienced that is kind of similar. I used to run cross country and wrestled in high school and in college I did some body building workouts five days a week for a year. All were very depleting workouts, and wrestling practice was particularly strenuous. I really had no appetite, for 4-6 hours after these workouts, which didn’t bother me until I was jacking weights. I would have to really psyche myself up to down that whole post-workout whey protein shake.

Maybe there is a connection there in your case?

It may be advantageous for you to try something like a protein shake or smoothie.. something not so filling and easy to gulp down to get some calories and protein and fats into your system. This works for me anyway, however it may not be for everyone.

I usually force at least a bagel or something similar down a little while after I wake up so that I'm not running on nothing or so that my morning coffee doesn't land on an empty stomach, then usually I do have a protein shake around lunch time which tends to be just a little while after my workout. It definitely helps to make me feel better for the rest of the day until i feel I can eat later on.

It can just be your natural eating pattern.
I personally never eat before 3pm, I just can’t, my stomach won’t allow it. After that time I’m good. I take a lot of protein and I fit my daily cals into about 3-4 hours in the evening, I find it hard to sleep also if I eat after 7pm. Some would call that intermittent fasting but it’s not what I do on purpose.

I may just have to learn to live with it then, I'm not loosing weight despite working out so I think I'm ok (I don't want to loose any weight). It's just strange though as it wasn't always like this, I used to get quite hungry in the mornings. Maybe it's just normal for me as I age, approaching 40 now which is still fairly young in the scheme of things.

Maybe there is a connection there in your case?

Sometimes yes the feeling after a workout does make it less appealing to eat for a few hours but this pattern is there everyday even on days I don't workout.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Sorry if I missed this but are you able to obtain and/or use marijuana?
A lot of mornings I feel sick and just the thought of food makes me wretch. I can take one puff of weed and a few minutes later I am ravenous. If it is not an option maybe there is alternatives?
Hope this gets worked out as being physically active with no fuel (food) is detrimental at best for ones health - as if we do not know this.
<3

Sorry if I missed this but are you able to obtain and/or use marijuana?
A lot of mornings I feel sick and just the thought of food makes me wretch. I can take one puff of weed and a few minutes later I am ravenous. If it is not an option maybe there is alternatives?
Hope this gets worked out as being physically active with no fuel (food) is detrimental at best for ones health - as if we do not know this.
<3
I thought of this after my last post.. I’m the same way.. when I have marijuana I eat a full breakfast and my shake/smoothie lmao but without it I’m doing good to get the shake/smoothie down..

I’m with you, I can’t eat much after waking. Only a smoothie or some fruit. I don’t think it’s harmed me in any way

What are you eating as your last meal of the day and at what time? If I eat something heavy with protein and/or it'll slow digestion and I won't have an appetite in the morning. Also, are you in any medications or drugs that could be affecting appetite?

I don’t think it’s a problem so long as you make up for it later at night to get the necessary calories to keep adding weight. It might even be a good thing if your a believer in intermittent fasting.

Days I work sometimes I won’t eat or drink water til I quit for the day, but soon as I’m off I’m eating til I go to bed. Days I don’t work I eat normally. I think it’s likely due to cannabis use pretty much anytime I’m not working.

Smoking in the morning can definitely help get that appetite going, plus if your like me it helps you push workouts longer too. Obviously too much ain’t good either though..

-GC

Marijuana is not something that I willing to use anymore. Used to love it ~20 years ago but it turned on me and now it just feels horrible, anxiety - paranoia - etc. I've even tried really small doses of edibles, like on 2mg of thc and I just don't like it anymore. Shame really because it would probably help immensely.

As far as what I'm eating the night before? I've been trying to eat healthy - usually meals are stuff like rice, chicken and vegetables but also mixing it up with fish and other things. I don't think this is having much of an impact on my appetite in the morning though because I've had nights where I went to bed hungry due to inability to eat from crazy work schedule, or ate very well/healthy or ate complete crap because I caved and slammed a bunch of junk food - I still just don't feel very hungry the next morning.

Marijuana is not something that I willing to use anymore. Used to love it ~20 years ago but it turned on me and now it just feels horrible, anxiety - paranoia - etc. I've even tried really small doses of edibles, like on 2mg of thc and I just don't like it anymore. Shame really because it would probably help immensely.

As far as what I'm eating the night before? I've been trying to eat healthy - usually meals are stuff like rice, chicken and vegetables but also mixing it up with fish and other things. I don't think this is having much of an impact on my appetite in the morning though because I've had nights where I went to bed hungry due to inability to eat from crazy work schedule, or ate very well/healthy or ate complete crap because I caved and slammed a bunch of junk food - I still just don't feel very hungry the next morning.
Gotcha. As others have said, could just be your body's scheduling. Just eat when comfortable then. For most, just get the food in somewhere in the day.
I use the bank account analogy: it doesn't matter if you get 5x $100 deposits or 1x $500 deposits, at the end of the day you still have $500. This works for most people.