• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

More water soluble THC products

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
This one contains https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Tocophersolan or Tocophersolan. The link gives a pretty good idea of how it works, even if you don’t have a chemistry degree.

The science broken down is; Tocophersolan self aggregates into speherical structures which easily pass through membranes and into cells. The spherical structure gets hrydrolyzed (broken down) releasing Vitamin E. When Tocophersolan is mixed/blended/vortex with THC at high speed (immersion blending) THC gets trapped inside the spherical; structure and teams-opted inside the cell. Spherical structure gets broken down, releasing the trapped THC.

‘’Time of onset on empty stomach 10-20 minutes.

Tom

@Thomas Davie which product is that?
I ordered the legal in Canada
Float On Kin Slips https://kinslips.com/ at the OCS online government outlet.
supposed to be water soluble sublingual.
smoking hash and dry sift has given me laryngitis.
the Kin Slips should get here in a couple of days.

D’oh, sorry. These are called XMG drops by Hexo, the same company it turns out, as the one that makes the ‘Veryvell’ water soluble products. Just that it’s it 18 ml size and costs less than the Veryvell drops, which contain 30 ml.

It’s the same technology found in House of Terpene tonic waters, sparkling seltzer’s and godawful Tweed drinks. But the drops come in a glass bottle w/nipple dispenser and don’t have any plasticy line.

They occupy a middle ground between smoking/vaping and normal edibles. It doesn’t hit as fast as vaping/smoking but faster than edibles. It also wears off w/in 2 hours or so.

Found them on OCS, BCCannabis and Albertacannabis.

The Kinslips! Been waiting to find out about these. I heard they can hit almost as fast as smoking/vaping. Please let know how it works out and are they really individually wrapped 10 mg doses 10 per whole pack?

Tom

Took 5 mg (10 drops) approx 2 hours after eating a light meal in a 1 oz shot of lemonade. Yes, very bitter (and it started to clarify the lemonade, so —-> solubilizing/encapsulating whatever is/was causing the lemonade to be cloudy.). It did take effect t within 5-10 minutes, peaked at about 30-40 minutes and was gone/baseline at 2 hours.

I haven’t yet tried it in a full size beverage (fluid restrictions), so when I think about it,mI’ll add it to my morning coffees since those are full. size beverages.

Practically, I think it can be used in any food/drink.mProblem is covering up the bitter taste. Hot curries, some Korean food, tomato sauce; anything with a strong, assertive taste. It tastes like Sucralose (to me that stuff is vile, evil shit).

Tom

my strips will probably come next week - mailbox empty today, picked up the xmg and will try 10 drops later - maybe on a spoon straight to get the sense of it.

my strips will probably come next week - mailbox empty today, picked up the xmg and will try 10 drops later - maybe on a spoon straight to get the sense of it.

Do not try the drops straight unless you love bitter stuff. Chewing on dandelion stems kinda bitter. Coffee, tea, Gatorade/crystal light. If you try it straight you’re going to want to reach through the monitor and strangle me 🇨🇦

Tom

@Thomas Davie I put 5 drops in a 1/4 cup of tea, felt it in 10 mins, and the expected buzz in 20 mins - satisfactory I would say.
easy to use, and not any problem for my taste. way better than the slow ramp from infused oil
most people would need 10 or more drops, I could work with 7 or 8, happily.

3hrs to baseline.
then I went with 7 drops
and a half hour later 4 drops and it was just about the same as smoking hash without any throat issues, and flavor was not bad in soda water - I expect drugs to taste at least a little weird.

a fine product IMO

Last edited:
I use to base my edible tolerance on black market edibles, which obviously were mostly inaccurate (the ones I tried anyways). Going to try this in a carbonated beverage tonight, although I don’t see why it wouldn’t work; Hexo’s mollo5 and mollo2.5 are fake beers built on the same technology (tocospherolan).

@Zephyn Here is the ingredient list

Cannabis emulsion (glycerin, water, tocophersolan, modified palm oil, sunflower lecithin, THC distillate), Flavouring agents.

My chemistry background says the THC/Tocospherolan is immersion blended at a high, specific speed for a set amount of time, rested. At this point the THC is now trapped inside of microscopically sized fat soluble bubbles. Then mixed with MCT oil/lecithin, flavourings and blended again - not at high speed. 10 drops (5 mg) dissolves in very little liquid......I’ve never IV’d or injected anything but I’d think that the MCT oil alone makes it unsafe for injecting.

Tom
All cannabis products are registered under Health Canada and edible products have to also pass CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)

@Thomas Davie - the xmg drops product tastes not as bad as regular MCT THC solutions, I put 8 drops on my palm and licked it. the flavor of weed came on with piney tang, but not disgusting, then it faded by 10-15 minutes at which point it was like I had a medium toke of hash - no flavor, slightly high, and best of all no lung load, no coughing, and no irritation to my throat or larynx.

Since you didn’t die @pupnik I tried 5 mg (10 drops) on a teaspoon and then have immediately started dialysis. It did taste faintly of Cannabis/pine (like you say, not bad - just tastes of cannabis, which I like) but also of a bitter artificial; sweetener taste, which does fade quickly.

Tom

@Thomas Davie are you talking about kidney dialysis or some other concept?
I have been going at the xmg 10 drops a few times now. and will likely go to 16 soon.
I do not miss smoking at all, and want to fill shelves with this.

@pupnik. Yeah, kidney dialysis. It isn’t a big deal; I get to do it at home as I have the technical skill. Thank god I don’t have diabetes (which leads to kidney failure as a possible outcome among other nasties).
Tom

That's an interesting option, @Thomas Davie , home dialysis!
I am a true stoner (kidney rocks) but have not needed ongoing kidney support - they widened my excretory tubular passages 20 years ago, and now the stones leave without alerting me painfully. I actually have the horseshoe kidney situation, which means my fetal kidney never left my pelvis, or separated into two kidneys that rise up developmentally into the lower back as is the case with most people - so it's an invisible deformity - but kind of interesting if you think about it, though I guess the pelvis area gets crowded.

Having worked as a lab tech for over 27 yrs, had the skill, and it doesn’t require electricity (so I can still buy a house outside of town in Nova Scotia and not have to worry about power outages). I am a low cost to the health care system, as haemo-dialysis (blood exchange) usually requires an expensive nursing team in a medical setting. there’s also the fact I am incapable of sitting still for the 3-4 hours of hospital treatment. Too antsy. Plus no ready access to food, cannabis, music or my pets. So it was a pretty simple choice.

But I am spoiled with legal Same day/courier service in Manitoba. In NS I’ll be relying on Canada Post. If I do live outside of town it means no in store visits b/c no longer driving so then Canada Post would become my one and only source of cannabis. Win some, lose some as it’s I;;egal to cultivate in Manitoba but not NS.

Tom

Having worked as a lab tech for over 27 yrs, ... it’s Iegal to cultivate in Manitoba but not NS.

Tom
the only real complexity is the move, I guess, especially if you order in advance.
Did you already arrange your place in NS.
Fly or drive with motels?

The complexity os in actually getting there with two cats and 1 dog. and dialysis.

It’s comlex, but workable.

-24 hours prior to flight, have fedex pick up 6-10 boxes to ship to my new place. Books, legal documents, old family stuff and cd’s/DVD’s (thpugh I’m thinking of throwing those out)
-4 hours prior to flight, go through security on originating flight. Do dialysis. 6 hour flight
-do dialysis at destination airport hotel (what a waste of money for 60-90 minutes in a hotel, oh well.
-about a 4 hour shuttle ride to get to my new place.

And it’s further complicated by the fact I’m not putting my animals in a cargo hold so.....since executive class passengers can bring one small animal w/them I gotta buy 3 tickets, 2 of which are return. god nephews will be taking a cat each and me the dog.

If the timing is correct, my fedexed stuff should arrive at my new place about 12-18 hours after I do. If it wasn’t for the animals and the dialysis it would be one flight and one ride.

And nope, don’t have a house out in NS yet. That won’t be too difficult. And buying a house over the phone is ok w/mortgaging bank as long as engineering inspection certificate which I’ll gladly pay for. The real estate agent in NS will have to be bribed/paid to take delivery of furniture and appliances and get the internet/TV hooked up. And take delivery of a TV. And some groceries.

Basically I want to walk in to my new place, already have the router passwords on my devices, watch Netflix and order a pizza and donair.

Tom

If driving/hotels I’d have to stop every 6 hours. 😩

except for some complexity and megabucks - it sounds like a dream coming true. I have a friend on the south shore (Port Jolie) he never wants to come back.