• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs More sucessefull RC

George27

Bluelighter
I know little about this world and I am gathering information on RC.
For what I understand they are basically a mean to circumvent the law on controlled substance and usually there is an illegal molecule that is similar or better than the RC.
An exeption and success story is Mephedrone * , a drug with its own value & different to everything previous.
There other cases like this, what I could call the discovery of a new good drug?

* Today is no more a RC, but it was.
I have not a clear definition of RC, but it is something like " they make it in China and it's sold on the internet. Then if it is of some value is scheduled".

RC= Research chemical being compounds with little to no documented research on its effect on the human body. Even LSD and MDMA are considered research compounds even though they are much better understood vs. Mephadrone, MXE, and a-pvp that unlike the first two have very limited history of use in humans even after the bath salt, nbome, and spice fiasco

True, mephedrone is no longer (been a few years) but maybe someone will come up with a prodrug instead of making all these other drugs that are chemically similar to mephedrone, a prodrug like 4-AcO-DMT = psilocybin

Last edited:
True, mephedrone is no longer (been a few years) but maybe someone will come up with a prodrug instead of making all these other drugs that are chemically similar to mephedrone, a prodrug like 4-AcO-DMT = psilocybin

Actually, Psilocybin and 4-AcO-DMT are *both* prodrugs, as they both get converted to the same active compound: 4-HO-DMT, AKA Psilocin. If anything, 4-AcO is likely to be *less* of a prodrug than Psilocybin, since there's a good chance that 4-AcO acts as a weak serotonin agonist even before it is de-acetylated, while Psilocybin can't even make it across the blood-brain-barrier.

The problem with prodrugs for stimulants like Mephedrone is that they often lack the "rush" that people look for in a stim, and are thus considered less recreational (ex.: Dexedrine vs Vyvanse).

Ttoday mephedrone is often replaced by legal alternatives. So success stories with RC amount close to zero.
There is to say, of the Shulgin's drugs almost only MDMA was an hit.

It is possible that because we are bound to our biology and our brain, after you have discovered some near-optimal drugs is difficult to design something better.
With all the farmacology around, we still use alcohol, mj, cocaine and a slightly modified morphine (heroin) as the main recreational drugs.
Real discoveries are just MDMA, LSD and amphetamines.
Maybe some of the big pharmaceutical company could design same breaktrough recreational drug, but obviously they are not into this.

Maybe some of the big pharmaceutical company could design same breaktrough recreational drug, but obviously they are not into this.

There is no breakthrough rec drug. You are chasing a dragon, never let that slip from cognition.

Ttoday mephedrone is often replaced by legal alternatives. So success stories with RC amount close to zero.
There is to say, of the Shulgin's drugs almost only MDMA was an hit.

It is possible that because we are bound to our biology and our brain, after you have discovered some near-optimal drugs is difficult to design something better.
With all the farmacology around, we still use alcohol, mj, cocaine and a slightly modified morphine (heroin) as the main recreational drugs.
Real discoveries are just MDMA, LSD and amphetamines.

This is not true. You may think that but it doesn't make it right. I , myself, think there are many more worthy human-made drugs other than just mdma, lsd and amphetamines. Most people on blue light would agree with me here. Many research Chems are crap, yes, but it doesn't make the existence of a variety of phsycoactives worthless.