• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs more specific dependence question regarding etizolam vs. conventional prescription

throatgorge

Bluelighter
The many threads I have read indicate that research benzos are a bad idea, but most address them in terms of recreational use. Having had a prescription for tamezapam at one point, my question about these things are slightly different. First off, I have attained the understanding that flurobromazolam is absolutely garbage. A person becomes very dependant very quickly and has to fight insomnia very hard once they become dysphoric. Useless as a sleep aid since even the lowest operative dose defeats the purpose very badly. etizolam is shorter acting and I have heard arguments that is it also highly addicting, and some suggesting they may be about the same in terms of dependence as conventional prescription benzos.
When I was prescribed tamezepam, I could use them nightly and they were very effective and had no problem with dependency at all after well over a year of legal, legitimate medical treatment. For theoretical purposes, would using etizolam still present a severe dependence/dysphoria issue if it was used infrequently but regularly, at the lowest effective dose for medical treatment of insomnia, or is it a 100% sure garbage product and guaranteed hell ride?
I have never considered this particular class of sedatives as anything other than an occasional sleep aid.

Well, without being a doctor and knowing the ins and outs of what it is you're treating, it's hard to say and I doubt anyone else would commit to a solid answer on this. I do know that in some cases addictive medications can be somewhat less prone to abuse if used to treat a genuine condition and within acceptable limits. For me personally, I'd rarely be comfortable with taking more than 2mg/week under normal circumstances, though even that might be a bit dicey if kept up regularly; I've not dared push my luck so who knows. With suitable cause, I might take at most 7mg in a week, but only if followed by a month or so of complete abstinence (I did actually do that once when C/Ting from kratom and had no problems).

I am prescribed zopiclone for insomnia, and have found that etizolam is a far superior benzo (z drugs might not be benzos but have the exact same mechanism of action). Dependency and withdrawal are way more severe, IMO, from zopiclone and other benzos i've dabbled in. That being said, etizolam is still addictive, and if not respected WILL cause you problems. For my insomnia, i used etizolam for many months, (no more than 2 and a half to 3mg a day) and cold turkeyed without any problems. CT is NOT recommended...

I can say I used etizolam for about 3 weeks straight, every day. tapered at the end.. 3mg for 2 days.. 2mg for 2 days.. 1 mg for 2 days 0.5 mg for 2 days.
had no issues with any type of withdrawal.