• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

more BS when it comes to reliable scientific studies

I feel dumber having read this whole thread. :cautious:

people make the dumbest statements sometimes. "I feel dumber having read this whole thread" has zero value, and no poetic memorable discord. More of a HAL on breakdown final sentiment.

Last edited:
kind of RIDICUOUSLY FUNNY how I made this thread about SOMETHING that nobody STILL TO THIS POINT AND DATE can actually understand but it has spawn into some kind of weird science big tough muscle internet guys vs the little confused religiously naive boy who just wants to know more about what reality is and what the world is!

I am going to REMODE this thread again. I sure hope most of you guys are TIME DILATORS enough to go through this again?

I don't know has anybody written it already (I'm to lazy to read all posts) but don't you know - the mice are broken. 🤐

Sorry my response was rather rude. But you've obviously made up your mind so what's even the point of having this conversation?

Belief in science is not the same as belief in religion. Although some people do express dogma about certain scientific views, science itself is simply the process of making conclusions based on evidence. The scientific process has brought us nearly everything we have, including the means by which we are even having this conversation. The modern science denial thing is unfortunate and destructive to society and the planet, and allows bad actors to perpetrate all sorts of crimes without being held accountable, in the name of profit.

I don't know has anybody written it already (I'm to lazy to read all posts) but don't you know - the mice are broken. 🤐

well, thats the best post ever on here. <psycho_logic> i literally know nothing. im too ignorant to even read any of the posts, BUT i have this crappy opinion, hear me out

well, thats the best post ever on here. <psycho_logic> i literally know nothing. im too ignorant to even read any of the posts, BUT i have this crappy opinion, hear me out
Thank you for your kind words. I will excuse myself out of the thread. I may be dumb, but selection selected for me. Bad, stupid selection.

The reserve-capacity hypothesis: evolutionary origins and modern implications of the trade-off between tumor-suppression and tissue-repair

Bret & Eric Weinstein on how laboratory rats are compromising medical research youtube video

Edit - @allone just wanted to add that I have read your post and the link you have put (the paper). I continued to read following posts but was not interested in the way discussion was going, as it was mostly ad hominem. That's the reason I jumped to the end and made a comment. I have updated my comment with links that can further elaborate what I was alluding to. I have nothing more to contribute as your opening post coupled with links I gave should sound an alarm. If it doesn't then I am just imagining things and I apologise for giving a reply where I shouldn't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
so science is totally useless and a total scam, asecin is so enlightened that he can make the judgement that the entire field of science is corrupt and no better than religion

what is the point of this thread? nobody is going to convince you otherwise and this seems to be becoming a vehicle for you to spray insults at people

probably going to close this

so science is totally useless and a total scam, asecin is so enlightened that he can make the judgement that the entire field of science is corrupt and no better than religion

what is the point of this thread? nobody is going to convince you otherwise and this seems to be becoming a vehicle for you to spray insults at people

probably going to close this

I’m all for science and in an abstract way think that the scientific method is hands down the greatest intellectual achievement ever. However, it is worth noting that there is mounting evidence that a good deal of what calls itself ‘science’ is very socially constructed - beginning with the decisions about what even to research or what might be verboten to research. Add in the human capacity for groupthink. Top up with policy driven competitive research funding. Then there’s the whole ‘negative results never published’ behaviour that verges on the scandalous.

So it’s probably useful (and smart) to distinguish between science as an ideal and science as a practice beset with all the same kind of problems as everything else that people touch.

When people ever say something is true “because of the science” then it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

im getting kind of tired finding out each month almost! that science is so behind and lagging, corrupt and pure BS a lot of the time!! I question ANYTHING EVER in scientific articles because there were always those RED FLAGS OF REPLICATION. I should have been smarter, noticing a pattern there, that is never , ever any quality science based replications of a study. Science has taken over the Religious sector , but just like that, its all about MAGIC and make BELIEVE!! Some how I have a trouble discerning Science from Religion. Both are heavily relying on good articles confusing and encouraging people's faith and belief.
Current science is good reliable source as religion was in Jesus Christ time. Still a long way to go.
Science is vaste Than religion. God is an entité. Science enrounds god's work. It's like explaining to a kid why he has thoughts

Your observing points, capabilitizs and assessments Delimits your understanding of belief creating observations.

how are you allergic to ketamine??

science has found ketamine to be quite the potent antidepressant. also i believe it has serious anti addictive modulation mechanism?? too bad its so expensive, because the science guys, have to make A LOT OF MONEY!!!
I am sure just like Jesus gave us to drink wine, if he had ketamine he would give us that too FOR FREE!!!

this statement sponsored by;
@Science INCORPORATED. Get your free ketamine sample NOW.

im getting kind of tired finding out each month almost! that science is so behind and lagging, corrupt and pure BS a lot of the time!! I question ANYTHING EVER in scientific articles because there were always those RED FLAGS OF REPLICATION. I should have been smarter, noticing a pattern there, that is never , ever any quality science based replications of a study. Science has taken over the Religious sector , but just like that, its all about MAGIC and make BELIEVE!! Some how I have a trouble discerning Science from Religion. Both are heavily relying on good articles confusing and encouraging people's faith and belief.
Current science is good reliable source as religion was in Jesus Christ time. Still a long way to go.

I wouldn't equate science to religion exactly, but I do understand your frustration. I felt this way when I read the recent (past several years) massive meta-analysis that showed most of human psychology studies cannot be replicated, yet their conclusions have been dogma for the better part of a century now. Another meta-analysis in the past 2 years showed that most drugs for treating depression have poor reliability, except for 3 drugs: citalopram, mirtazapine, and an old tricyclic antidepressant I can't remember the name of right now. Everything else literally can't be replicated in double-blinds.

That said, I wouldn't call science unreliable. I would just say that research has been taken over by the corporate world. Some of the best drugs ever made happened when research was still public. Now it's all private.

I don't trust corporations and neo-liberalism. They've taken over everything and they are not humanist, despite what they say.

i had too much faith in science most of my adult life and i feel sicker than ever. im going back to religion and to be honest, i felt better since i have done that. im throwing out all my supplements soon. all 30 of them. fuck science!!!!!
logically now, its clear overdoing anything like sex, drugs, alcohol is no good. but science would have me believe otherwise for a time because of sponsorship it would support the usage of most of those things as "beneficial" in moderation. moderation as in, depending on the sponsored study. i should have stuck with religion since childhood and never took a single supplement, alcohol, and fuck even sex is no good!!!
why, why why did i fall victim to science??? why did i lose my faith and my religion for so long???

i fell victim to all the SCIENCE to promote all the new technology, supplements and anything sold on the market today. I have taken advantage of everything as a firm believer in science and I REGRET IT!!!

I just want to be a child again, believing in GOD, not falling victim to predators like scientists LITERALLY FORCING ME to get as many operations as possible, and as many supplements as possible, until I feel like a complete WRECK! BUT, I cant blame science, just ME. I fell a victim. I just wish to be new again. Please GOD take me back!!!

Last edited:
Another meta-analysis in the past 2 years showed that most drugs for treating depression have poor reliability, except for 3 drugs: citalopram, mirtazapine, and an old tricyclic antidepressant I can't remember the name of right now. Everything else literally can't be replicated in double-blinds.
very interested in which one...

Please GOD take me back!!!
Science (big pharma.) (business) can help you out with that! 🤣

Chill. I'm just messing with you. :love:

On a serious note though:

Seems to me (reading between the lines) you've, for better or for worse, fallen for the marketing strategies and for supplements no less? I could get shot for this but I must admit I call these supplements into question every single time I'm in one of these big retail chain pharmacies. The shelves are full of thousands and thousands of utter shit and for the most part, in my humble opinion, only work (and then only for a time) because of the placebo effect. I'm just waiting to see one that claims to cure cancer (and I'm sure if I looked hard enough I'd find one that hints at this) (although no doubt there'll be a disclaimer in the package). But people fall for it. Personally: I don't call that science. The science is behind the prescription counter not near the checkout or between the kids toys and perfumes!

Obviously I've read the thread. Not going to get into a pissing match i.e. that's not my intention. If anything: trying to tone it down a bit (lest it gets closed and which would be a pity given the actual topic and content and valuable input given and shared). Only thing I'd call you on or maybe take exception to (unless pushed harder of course) is to blame science for Ebola, SARS, and the rest. That's a bit of a stretch. And I put it to you: there's a lot of very religious people having passed because they didn't or wouldn't turn to science or chose to ignore it. Now whether that's a good thing or bad thing in the bigger scheme of things (prolonging life and lifespans when we cannot even take care of the numbers we have)? My personal view isn't palatable I know. But we're stuck with it and people seem hell bent on prolonging life at all costs and for a variety of reasons. So that being a given: we've no option but to let science take care of the rest too e.g. (and as you mentioned) genetically modified or engineered food and crops etc. (although this probably a bad example i.e. with political will and some effort even this wouldn't necessary).

I know of an old one called Tryptanol (Amitriptyline)? Efficacy in treating depression? Not sure nor convinced. Nasty shit? In my opinion yes.

fvinxTI.gif

Last edited:
i fell victim to all the SCIENCE to promote all the new technology, supplements and anything sold on the market today. I have taken advantage of everything as a firm believer in science and I REGRET IT!!!

I just want to be a child again, believing in GOD, not falling victim to predators like scientists LITERALLY FORCING ME to get as many operations as possible, and as many supplements as possible, until I feel like a complete WRECK! BUT, I cant blame science, just ME. I fell a victim. I just wish to be new again. Please GOD take me back!!!
Look man the world we live in is pretty complex, there are no easy answers.
You can either live in your own little bubble where you'll never have to ask too many questions, or you can try to understand how things actually work.

So you feel like many scientific publications are biased and don't always provide reliable results, fair enough. But now you've decided to discredit the scientific method as a whole and embrace religion instead...what??
If religion was a science it would be the worst one by far, AFAIK not one religious claim has ever been proven (many can't even be verified), it's perhaps the most biased and unreliable source of information one can find.

You need to learn how to spot bad science so you don't fall for every bullshit article.
Reading scientific publications is actually a skill you can learn, it's not always as straightforward as many people think. You need to know at least a bit about the topic you're reading, otherwise you'll have a hard time seeing if the conclusion actually makes sense based on the results provided by the authors (the experimental section can be pretty important as well).

Here is the full study:

Here is the summary:

I find it interesting that 82% (9% high, 73% moderate) of trials that they analyzed fell into the moderate to high risk for bias. That's a lot! It means that these drugs were possibly not trialed correctly, or the conclusions about the trials were biased. Disturbing!