• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

more BS when it comes to reliable scientific studies

People who compare science with religion, are ignorant of what science is. They think science is a set of beliefs like religion is.

It's not, comparing the two is like comparing an instruction manual with a book of fairy tales and saying that because both are books they are equally helpful and accurate.

The only "faith" such as it is involved in science is faith that the principles and methods work to aquire knowledge... And if they didn't we wouldn't have anything like the accomplishments that we do. Beyond that everything else is just the application of those methods and principles. There is no faith.

Science is not a type of religion, if you believe that then you don't know the first thing about what science is.

you guys are misunderstanding what im saying. im only comparing science with religion that both of them are based on money, politics, power and control. "science" is a trademark word for business. you can say "i can derive knowledge using science" but thats false. "i can derive knowledge learning and experiencing life" I do not need Science@ or Religion@ for this. I can put a supplement product out there with the name Science. My company will be called Science. Its just business, both religious entities and science entities. well, its all politics first and foremost. anyway you guys keep hanging up on the idea that i actually call science same as religion at how they operate beyond their political and business model. I wouldnt really know that since I have never been part of any Science or Religious sects. I know, If i cannot know something I can choose to believe what is true by either entity IF they are convincing enough, sponsor well, and have power influence. Hence why I suppose Religion has made people believe in tons of shit, they have had longer power money and political influence, but now the Science guys are chipping off at their power by getting corporations, politicians and others to sponsor them and spread their word. I dont believe in any of what the Science guys tell me though through their bullshit articles because I have caught them in so many lies and made beliefs. I am not talking about math, physics or whatever other branches are out there, but the big business of biochemistry and products you can sell. I dont think math makes for a very good seller, UNLESS, you are A RAT FROM WALLSTREET!!!

MsDiz, what have you done so much in the world beyond business related crap since you have spent 8 years to get PhD? I wonder who pays you and how you guys operate from the inside is all. I am very curious to learn more about those Science sects. Or maybe you are math professor. Math isnt really huge business, unless you are a RAT FROM WALLSTREET!!!

Last edited:
Yeah those arguments don't work with some people.

I once argued with someone, right here on bluelight. About time dilation. His (I assume) argument was that time dilation does not exist.

On what basis did he believe it didn't exist? Because it was absurd and obviously false. It was self evident.

I told him that time dilation is actually accounted for to allow GPS satellites to keep accurate time. And he replied no, it's still false, because time is time, and time dilation is obviously wrong.

I more or less told him if he believes that that he should throw out any GPS devices he has because clearly he doesn't believe in them.

Some people know so little about anything that they can't even begin to comprehend the shear magnitude of how much they are ignorant of. Everything becomes equally plausible because they know almost nothing about anything.

Whats the point of arguing? He has his own awareness of the world, his own specific knowledge and view, understanding how things work, and in his own perception he is absolutely correct. But seriously, who the fuck will argue about TIME DILATION ANYWAY. WHATS THE POINT OF THAT?? oh i see, pissing contest, whose dick is bigger, or in such case, brain!?
anyway dont be such an EGOist. the fact you bring this crappy topic to this place shows you are not letting it go lol

Last edited:
Not lecturing, I'm explaining. I wouldn't have been surprised if you were a teenager, although I didn't assume you were one, because - sorry to say - you sound like a child.

Eh... I guess I'm done here. Good luck to you in life.

well i get that a lot, people thinking im a kid, because i am an artistic individual. we are completely different people and you cannot understand me. i do follow science bussinesmen like you just as much as those religious business guys, but i do derive more freedom and ability to express myself the best i can through religion, and illogical contemplation of the world. by illogical i mean beyond logic, transcending. i do not understand math. However, I have usually saved more money than educated people through "feeling, sense, imagination etc." rather than "calculation" or "tactical financial planning" if that makes sense? anyway, i dont think we are compatible.

Last edited:
you guys are misunderstanding what im saying. im only comparing science with religion that both of them are based on money, politics, power and control.
its really not. what is your evidence?
"science" is a trademark word for business.
what? this makes no sense!! i think we've determined the root of the issue, it was pretty clear from the start- what myself and other posters mean by science isn't what you mean by science. i think plato said that in any disagreement you can argue all you like, but eventually it will come down to the meaning of specific terms, at which point neither side will back down.
you can say "i can derive knowledge using science" but thats false. "i can derive knowledge learning and experiencing life" I do not need Science@ or Religion@ for this.
science does not claim to have a monopoly on knowledge generation. but good luck inventing a novel therapy or quantum computer based on your life experience.

MsDiz, what have you done so much in the world beyond business related crap since you have spent 8 years to get PhD?
if @MsDiz is working full time, it will take that long, or maybe even longer.

how do you think science funding works? in the UK, and i think this is similar elsewhere, academia is funded by the relevant research council- eg EPSRC, BBSRC- grants should be given based on the merit of the proposal but inevitably 'big names' and 'fashionable areas' get more than they might deserve. where is the business involved? in all of my post docs, i only did one project funded by business, and this was peripheral to the main work of my research group.

if its all about money, how do you explain the fact that everyone working as a researcher in academia is earning way below their market rate?

The very fact that scientific studies can expose flaws in older studies is a signifier of the strength of the scientific method, not an indicator that the whole field of science should be distrusted. Additionally - this is a fairly specific error affecting a fairly specific category of scientific research, it has no bearing whatsoever on the accuracy of other entirely unrelated fields which make up the vast majority of scientifically derived human knowledge.

The scientific method is, broadly speaking, an abstraction of basic principles of logic applied to the physical world in which we find ourselves. If you think you have a better way to understand reality I'm sure everyone would love to hear it, but I'm certain that you don't. If you have trouble discerning science from religion I'd suggest that you probably don't really understand either.
Hallelujah sister🙏we are mosquito shit in this whole universe....6 billion people destroying this beauty by conscious about it.,

"but good luck inventing a novel therapy or quantum computer based on your life experience" I cannot do that because I am not part of the Science Business Model. They probably generated billions of income with those inventions.

"science does not claim to have a monopoly on knowledge generation" But it does, when it comes to making money, its Business.

anyway, you guys are like raging apes when it comes to me talking shit about the Science Business. Its like bunch of Caesars getting their brain fluid pumping, going "intelligently" ape shit on me. I mean rather, throwing your "intellectual" feces at me!
So funny when I post about Science on Religious forums guys are so calm, cool and collected, but Science guys go NUTS when I mention RELIGION. Its like picking on your little baby, or kicking your puppy. OK, I wont do that anymore! I dont want an angry mob after me. Kind of funny Religious people are so much calmer and collected.... I guess too many brain cells makes one's nervous system BLOW UP too easy?? Go Do the Science!

BUT, You do have ONE point! I do not actually have valid evidence Science guys are pure businessmen, YET!!! but seriously, that will be impossible to get info on or prove anyway.... Damn, its such a dead end to even discuss this further.

Last edited:
Its like picking on your little baby, or kicking your puppy.
for many, science is a vocation. those of us who have made huge personal sacrifices to become members of the scientific community are a bit sensitive about being called frauds, an assertion that has no basis in fact.

You do have a valid point, I do not actually have valid evidence Science guys are pure businessmen, YET, but
this is an easily falsifiable hypothesis. why don't you test it. rather than asserting without evidence.

what is your evidence that i am in business?

for many, science is a vocation. those of us who have made huge personal sacrifices to become members of the scientific community are a bit sensitive about being called frauds, an assertion that has no basis in fact.

this is an easily falsifiable hypothesis. why don't you test it. rather than asserting without evidence.

what are you in for if not business?? oh i see, you are like the religious people, just to help people?? You do realize Religious people do help people without monetary obligations, unlike Science people, right? I have had bread from a religious worker, but never had a EVEN A SINGLE KIND WORD, from a Scientist!! I dont need your fucking GMO Bread anyway, but JUST A KIND WORD, or JUST LISTENING, is enough.

yes, i can see you guys are passionate about your "cult" or "business model" , but so am i about my own personal expression and opinions on life and things surrounding it. Check through this whole thread IF A SINGLE PERSON EVEN READ ME ONCE AND UNDERSTOOD. Again, just an angry mob of probably Mensa, trying to level me with earth. I am not going to deal with such a mob, have to fold!

what are you in for if not business??
well what do you do? and why do you do it, if not for business? because you weren't born into endless riches so have to work for a living? well, me too, and i happen to have found something interesting and fulfilling with social good.

science has given you an increased life expectancy, living standard beyond those of even royalty in previous centuries, relative food security (and were working on that GMO bread so that half the world doesn't starve due to global warming), a computer and the internet so you can troll from home, clean water, to name but a few. and you ask it for a kind word? you misunderstand its purpose.

we are all reading you and trying to rationally debate with you, but your belief that science is a business is held with such a religious fervour that we're not getting through.

increased life expectancy? based on what data anyway, because longevity was only recently followed and it seems to be scam most the times to collect money. BUT, considering people might DO live pretty long, whats the point if they are INVALIDS?? Science, to give them ARTIFICIAL LIMBS AND A LAPTOP?? good job, thanks!!!

Working on GMO to feed the word!? WHAT A JOKE!!!! YOU CREATED EBOLA, SARS 1 & 2 AND AIDS but to feed the world!!!

internet, i can go without my friend! SHOCKING!?!?! INTERNET AND NO LIFE OMG!?!?!

CLEAN WATER?? FLUORIDE AND CHLORINE COMES TO MIND, THANKS SCIENCE!!!!

edit: sorry shit... i forgot to add PLASTICS!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SCIENCE FOR PLASTICSSSSS OMG I LUV EM!!!!! THANKS SCIENCE BUSINESS APE MEN! I HOPE YOUR SCIENCE BASED GMO KIDS FEED ON EM BAM BAM ;)

SCIENCE IS BUSINESS, GTFO MY FACE :)

<science guy> Science is evolutionary and always changes and corrects itself. It can create Mutated Robo Moon Warriors and cure CANCER and DO ALL!!!

<basic human being> OK i am an already product of this ever changing evolutionary process that keeps correcting itself for probably eternity, just let me have faith and die in peace, thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah those arguments don't work with some people.

I once argued with someone, right here on bluelight. About time dilation. His (I assume) argument was that time dilation does not exist.

On what basis did he believe it didn't exist? Because it was absurd and obviously false. It was self evident.

I told him that time dilation is actually accounted for to allow GPS satellites to keep accurate time. And he replied no, it's still false, because time is time, and time dilation is obviously wrong.

I more or less told him if he believes that that he should throw out any GPS devices he has because clearly he doesn't believe in them.

Some people know so little about anything that they can't even begin to comprehend the shear magnitude of how much they are ignorant of. Everything becomes equally plausible because they know almost nothing about anything.

btw i must say this is the biggest EGOist reply EVER in ALL my threads i have created in MY LIFE! congrats Caesar , you win the banana of brain power!!!

now for the multi billion neuron cell bonus, answer what ALTRUIST is!

<science monkey looking at a dictionary> an animal that behaves in a way which is not beneficial to or may be harmful to itself but which benefits the survival of others of its species

GREAT! Can you demonstrate what THAT MEANS NOW??

<science monkey that is JessFR> . . . ............. .. ...

This individual is clearly a fanatic and I would highly advise everyone for their own sanity to put them on ignore as I am about to.

I mean, it's your life, your time, if you wanna keep arguing with them, by all means.. But I for one have reached my limits with this one, there's plenty of other misinformed loud people out there I'm sure I'll have another to argue with soon enough.

Testing hypothesis is science (TM) and evil.

The only good in the world comes from blind faith in religion so we can put all the heathens to death and have a nice, civil world plowing the fields for our gmo free food. ;D

"there's plenty of other misinformed loud people out there I'm sure I'll have another to argue with soon enough"

about what, TIME DILATION?? interesting topic to discuss in such instance

stop SHOUTING ffs

am not joining in here as have heard all this before many times, however @allone I'm just etting you know that you're sounding a bit manic and I've just noticed your signature...

^ageingpartyfiend i agree that i do come out as a bit of a manic in the last few replies but im getting fed up with being bullied by those SCIENCE assholes. and maybe bullying is a strong word, but i definitely feel being picked on by simply expressing myself and my views of the world. how i think, and believe! they could have been a bit more respectful and at least TRY to read me better instead of self centralizing themselves in such demeanor, which absolutely gets to me, yes. call me a troll! easy way out, thanks!

MsDiz, what have you done so much in the world beyond business related crap since you have spent 8 years to get PhD?
I actually have several degrees which is why I took so long studying at uni. Currently doing my doctorate whilst working as a lead researcher (because I’m passionate about what I do).