• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Mom is hallucinating on meth

Vermomma

Greenlighter
My 60 year old mother has always dappled in drugs off and on her whole life. Norco is what she has on a regular basis for RA and Arnold chiari malformation . Whenever she needs to clean the whole house she will get a rock of meth off my uncle and mix it in with her Norco and snort it. Usually it's fine and she tweaks on cleaning for a few days and it's fine. Not this time.

Sunday at 2pm she started in and was hallucinating by 5am Monday cause she called the cops saying there was someone in her house. And that's not even the worst part. She hasn't stopped trying to convince me of the millions of bugs and maggots she's seeing. Omg I keep waiting for her trip to end.....WHEN WILL IT END? It's Tuesday and she is still seeing people!!

Hallucinations like this are fairly common after being awake for a few days on stimulants - how long it will last depends on if she is keep taking more. The problem is, it only gets worse I'm afraid the longer she is awake and stimulant psychosis (what she is experiencing now) is a living nightmare.

Trying to convince her that these things are not real is probably a waste of time, so playing along with it (to a degree) would probably make things easier to control - make a plan of action with her to do something to rectify the 'problem' show her that these little things have worked to calm her down.

If she turns violent then I would seek help !

How long ago did she last dose her Norco? Is it safe for her to take a benzo to calm down ? Be careful incase she takes anything else that may make her symptoms worse.

She prob took around 4norco today. She snorts one or two and takes two (not at the same time) she lives next door to me. I just got off the phone with her and she is still talking about the people in her house and how they're not saying anything. I'm playing along for now. She's done this one other time and when she finally realized she was hallucinating it was such a relief! I know she ate a few bites yesterday cause I made her but today she hasn't eaten anything. I asked her if she was tired and she said she was

Feed her benzos before she ends up in the psych ward.

Knock her out with benzos. If you don't have those, get to a hospital ASAP. There they will do virtually the same thing. Knock her out with benzos... ;) Just hurry. It's not healthy nor fun to be in a state of delirium, so I'd try to cut that state of mind as short as possible. Sleep is the key...

Good luck!

Ok she slept a little last night but I went ahead and gave her another klonopin this morning. She threw everything outside and locked and practically barricaded herself in her room. I had to break in completely. She's acting mean to me but I just went along with it

So she's awake now after sleeping a little. She still believes there was a man outside her window and a little girl and her mom. I made her a grilled cheese sandwich and she's nibbling on it now. Will she ever know it wasn't real?

So she's awake now after sleeping a little. She still believes there was a man outside her window and a little girl and her mom. I made her a grilled cheese sandwich and she's nibbling on it now. Will she ever know it wasn't real?

Give her time to get a lot of rest, eat food, and make sure she takes vitamins.

Maybe she'll know it was a meth hallucination, and maybe not? I've met people who swore what they experienced or hallucinated on meth and coke after days of a stimulant binge and not sleeping was real at the time but once they came down and got rest, ate food, and were not on drugs they realized that what they saw or thought they saw/heard was not real. The whole part where you wrote about her thinking insects were crawling on her body or in the house is common with stimulant abuse and hallucinations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis#Secondary_organic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulant_psychosis

Does your mom realize that at her age it's not good to be using meth, or mixing meth and opiates?

Ya I'm sure she knows everything she does is bad. She's an addict of something at all times. Pills always, booze occasionally and this stuff once every three months I'd say.

lol is there a good age to be using meth?

Probably not; but everyone I know that used it did so from ages 18 or in their early or mid 20s.

The people who keep using it for decades into their 60s are the ones that have issues from it. It's extremely addictive and I know people who started using it in the mid 70s when they were in their 20s, and they just now finally stopped using it in their 60s.

Oh man, the old tweakers are the best. They always have the best stories from back in the day

I just have to tell you, I feel you. My mom is a serious addict and has been my whole life. My four sisters are also really bad off. They all have kids and all of them have lost custody of every single one of them. I feel you having a crazy mom though. I don't know how many times I've taken mine to the ER for an overdose or some crazy shit. Sending you peace and blessing because I know how hard it is.

You and your mother are in my prayers. I would talk to your uncle and say that she is getting too wound up....well if you think it would be your place to do so.

I'm surprised that someone with Chairi can take meth without SERIOUS adverse side effects. She must be on the low end of 1, yes? Or has she had corrective surgery? Someone very close to me is a Chairi 2 and they won't take low dose benzos or opiates or alcohol, or anything for that matter because it makes their Chairi symptoms far worse.

I would urge your mother to get help and if she doesn't want it, you might need to walk away from the situation. Hard as it may be, your health and welfare comes first.

There are actually some medical conditions that can manifest this way regardless of having a history of addiction or not. I saw this first hand where my bed ridden grandmother got a urinary tract infection and thought there were naked people and CIA agents staring in her bedroom window. She was treated with antibiotics for the UTI and the hallucinations stopped. I don't understand why that is but geriatric medicine isn't much of an interest for me either. Take her to her doctor. General labwork and physical exam could end the suffering and get her the help she needs. Don't delay either please. She may get worse if you wait.

I have chiari 1 and the only way i seem to function is with amphetamines. Without them i can't seem to get out of bed due to the dizziness and weakness. Anyone else have this issue?