Modern rap - hey old timers our music doesnt actually suck

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
Hit me with y'all favorite modern rap. I know we have the old school hip hop thread but that's not really what im looking for. So hit me with some new music (or old music just perhaps not what might be considered "classic hip hop"

I'll start

This song is just straight pain but it feels so goooood

Daytona was excellent from Pusha T. Honestly havent listened to much Earl, I should give it a try

In my personal opinion, autotune has ruined modern rap. I was a hardcore fan of rap up until 2005, and I just can't even listen to rap anymore. They definitely don't make them like they used to, in my humble opinion.

The one exception was Pop Smoke, and it was terrible what happened to him. But, he was the first rapper I have enjoyed in a long time.

In my personal opinion, autotune has ruined modern rap. I was a hardcore fan of rap up until 2005, and I just can't even listen to rap anymore. They definitely don't make them like they used to, in my humble opinion.

The one exception was Pop Smoke, and it was terrible what happened to him. But, he was the first rapper I have enjoyed in a long time.
Autotune can make or break a song. When used to cover up poor vocals, as many do, it’s shit. When used as a creative tool to purposefully create a different texture (ala Kanye on 808s and heartbreak) I think it’s incredible

3rd video goes well with LSD, trust me, I'm a doctor

Last edited:

recommend waiting for the second half once the beat switches up on this one