• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Moderation

also since i got into recovery i've never craved crack, only heroin. and more recently benzos but that's cos i consider them less 'off limits' than heroin which is ridiculous cos i think i was addicted to them for just as long as opiates. i have had the odd euphoric recall about crack but cos of how quickly and comprehensively it took away my humanity i haven't wanted it.
Think crack with the needle fixation lol. How long ya been clean dude?

see wud i was like you on the dark, kept everything working nicely and i'm sure loads of people from that period wouldn't believe i was a smackhead. when i got on the light it was totally different.

i been in recovery 18 months, had some little lapses and scored dark twice, had to rattle both times cos of the stupid kindling effect. ffs. it didn't do what i wanted to so i hope not to do it again.

Risking a shit storm here, but what the hell. Have read countless posts/ thread turnovers with the question being how to use responsibly, how to determine if addicted, etc. I hear the key is moderation a lot.
Just wondering how many heavy users have been able to reel themselves back in with their DOC?
Referring only to the big 3 black, white, and crys, sorry weed warriors, please sit this one out.
Honesty please, this ain't a pissing contest.
G'day!

I used to IV heroin daily, and loved the occasional rock or sniff alongside. Nowadays I can use cocaine on the odd occasion, I rarely use meth alongside MDMA, and strong opiates I was able to use this winter for pain management then stop once I was ready to finish. (Was a little difficult but made it happen.)

These days only opiates really worry me, I know if I let them get their claws in again it’s probably over.

It’s possible but you need to truly discover and remedy whatever triggers were in your life that made you use in excess. For me it was a fucked up family life growing up, once I moved out my life was awesome lol.

-GC