• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Modanifil vs Dex

nuffybus

Greenlighter
Thinking about swapping out my afternoon dex with modanifil. Has anyone done this with any success?? Currently taking 10x 5mg over the morning and another 5x5mg in the arvo. Picked up 90 100mg tabs of Modanifil last week. App they are the new go pill for the US army and more specific on dopamine receptors and by all anecdotal evidence far less addictive.

Modafinil is not recreational at all, in my experience. I was prescribed it years back for what my doctor suspected was narcolepsy (but really I just never slept and did too many drugs and burned myself out and was uncontrollably falling asleep during the day). It actually didn't totally prevent me from falling asleep but it helped. It does provide some energy and some focus but nowhere near the level of amphetamine. Also taking more just produces a weird uncomfortable stimulation without any increase in positive effects. But yeah, it's pretty non-addictive and not very abusable.

Modafinil is not recreational at all, in my experience. I was prescribed it years back for what my doctor suspected was narcolepsy (but really I just never slept and did too many drugs and burned myself out and was uncontrollably falling asleep during the day). It actually didn't totally prevent me from falling asleep but it helped. It does provide some energy and some focus but nowhere near the level of amphetamine. Also taking more just produces a weird uncomfortable stimulation without any increase in positive effects. But yeah, it's pretty non-addictive and not very abusable.
Yeah that"s been my experience too...especially when I've taken it with dexamphetamine.