• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Modafinil (Profinil) Overdose

something_wrong

Greenlighter
I was prescribed Profinil (aka Modafinil) for slight attention problems. Interestingly, I found that it helped me sleep and I have sleeping problems sometimes.
My attention didn't improve significantly after taking the drug.
I took 100 mg occasionally (about 2 times a week) when I couldn't sleep. I was not on any other drugs.

Two days ago, I had a bad dream and woke up at 1 AM with headache, so I took 200 mg to force myself to sleep.
The next morning I felt very bad. It was not anxiety but extreme confusion, and I felt strange in the left side of my head.
Things were flowing fuzzily in and out of my mind and I was somewhat forgetful.
I also laughed without reasons.

I considered myself a normally active person. Usually I should be reading books on my working project.
The only thing I want to do now is sit still alone thinking about nothing.

I really regret overdosing and I'm worried that the drug could worsen my attention instead of improving it.
I'm 23. This is my first thread on drugs.
I have read several articles about Modafinil. It does not seem to be as dangerous as Benzos.
I fear what will happen in the future. I'm too scared to tell this to the doctor or my family.

What should I do ? Is there anything that can help me recover my brain?

Last edited:
Maybe try to completely discontinue medication, I know it will be tough, but if you act like this for there is no other choice. Probably you poisoned body. If it does not improve, then go to the doctor because it can be any permanent damage. I was taking Provigil and I had a headache, and muscle and changing moods. It put down for a few weeks, I did not take anything. Now tempted to news from the US Limitless forte, supposedly safe, I take from weeks one pill regularly and do not have any side effects.