• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Modafinil Experiences? The Limitless Drug NZT-48?

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hello everyone I recently watched the movie Limitless. For you that do not know about this movie it's story is of a writer who cannot write who is given the drug "NZT-48" which turns him into a financial wizard. This drug makes him more creative, very focused, and extremely confident. He also pretty much develops photographic memory and can now remember anything from his early childhood even whole books he read when he was in college which he couldn't remember before. But, the withdrawals are absolutely terrible, without the pill he gets extremely sick and is likely to die if he cannot get anymore.

After a quick search I've found out this drug has been widely related to Modafinil/Provigil. This is a drug to treat narcolepsy and sleep disorders. Some people say it's like "cocaine in a pill", others cannot even feel effects from using it.

Has anyone on Bluelight had an experience with using Modafinil recreationaly?
What did you experience?
What other drug can you compare it to?
Did you suffer withdrawals?

Modafinil is basically a "wakefulness promoter" rather than a true "stimulant".

You do not feel full of energy like you would with amphetamine, Ritalin, cocaine or even caffeine - the drug mostly just banishes tiredness, and allows you to sustain a normal level of focus (but not necessarily the hyperfocus you see with stimulants) for much longer amounts of time.
Granted, the drug has been shown to act as a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but this cannot fully account for its effectiveness in keeping people awake - the gentle dopaminergic stimulation probably adds to its effectiveness as an off-label treatment for depression and ADHD though.

So no, even at high doses (like >1 gram per day) the drug is at best very mildly recreational.

i find it hilarious when Modafinil is looked at as being a 'limitless' type drug..that is ridiculous, im prescribed Modafinil and it does a decent job at waking me up when tired, but it doesnt really increase focus, brain power or even motivation that much..honestly for me it seems like a notch or 2 above caffeine in terms of effectiveness..

i find it hilarious when Modafinil is looked at as being a 'limitless' type drug..that is ridiculous, im prescribed Modafinil and it does a decent job at waking me up when tired, but it doesnt really increase focus, brain power or even motivation that much..honestly for me it seems like a notch or 2 above caffeine in terms of effectiveness..

This.

Some may find it 'ironic' perhaps, but I think the idea of a 'limitless' pill is fucking stupid. And if there was a drug like it, it would certainly not be modafanil which like Belfort stated, is basically a glorified version of caffeine. It's like, if there was a scale of 1-10 where 1 was caffeine and 10 was regular Dextroamphetamine, Modafanil would be maybe a '2.5'. IME modafanil isn't even a good 'study aid' although TBH the closest thing I've attempted at 'studying' while on any stimulant is going on BL or tweaking out on some crazy elaborate drawing.

Amphetamine drugs and stimulants IME are not and cannot be 'limitless' drugs. Yes, there was a time where I thought, 'man, if the whole world did meth like me, we'd get so much done', but shortly thereafter I'd start to go insane. Also, amphetamines/stims don't make you 'better' at anything, they just enhance your ability to concentrate. I would not like to take a drug that just made me 'better', as I'd feel like my accomplishments were not my own, but rather the drugs. Not only that, but then no one would be unique, because we'd all be super good at anything we put our minds to.

Fuck Modafanil and the movie 'limitless' both just give me a head ache.

I see no reason to use modafinil given caffeine exists. Caffeine, especially in pill form, is an incredibly useful, reliable drug with no side effects when dosed properly. I don't think any other wakefulness drug works as well as caffeine.

eh, I wouldn't go that far, modafanil's maybe a little better as there's SOME CNS stimulation, but in general I lean towards your viewpoint more than that of modafanil being 'the limitless drug'. I was thinking of this thread while perusing through some vendors today looking for tianeptine, and saw they had adranifil. For a brief moment I almost considered ordering it, and then I remembered that I can barely tolerate its stronger cousin, modafanil, had a cup of coffee, took some kratom and forgot all about it.

It just wakes you up. I take it most days to combat fibromyalgia fatigue - it definitely works, because I get to work on time and get through the day without taking a nap, which I can't do on the days I don't take it. But it doesn't "feel" like anything and it doesn't improve any of my cognitive abilities besides making them not foggy and useless because of fatigue.
I don't have withdrawals on my "off days", but I do sleep until about 2PM.

Anyone run a GC-MS on this... let me say, you WILL be disappointed and see the shill whose promoting the shit. He's been at it for 5 years. I mean, clear pills? He's relying on movie-goers who WANT to believe. It IS active, but it is basically a modification of Modafinil.