• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Modafinil - cumulative?

SixBuckets

Bluelighter
A question for anyone who's been taking modafinil as prescribed - i.e. daily or almost daily at the recommended dosage.

Do you find that it's cumulative (like anti-depressants - you have to take it regularly for it to work properly) or do you get a decent effect from occasional use?

I'm finding that my three-day-a-week dose isn't doing as much as I'd like and I'm wondering if I need to take it every day. My doctor didn't know and suggested I ask "one of those message boards I use". :)

What are you taking modafinil for? Daytime sleepiness?

Yes, fatigue associated with fibromyalgia.

It's my "getting to work on time" medication.

Modafinil only has a half life of ~15 hours, so you'd probably be best off taking it in the morning every day.

Modafinil only has a half life of ~15 hours, so you'd probably be best off taking it in the morning every day.

I take it in the morning on my "early start" days - currently three days a week. My question was whether I'm reducing the effectiveness by not taking it on the remaining days of the week. I don't take it on those days atm because it doesn't matter if I sleep in and the stuff is damn expensive!

Nope, modafinil is like caffeine: use it when you need it.