View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Moclobemide?

chrispche

Bluelighter
I've recently been prescribed Moclobemide. I'm extremely interested in building myself up for a spiritual experience with Psilocybin. My simple question is this. Does Moclobemide potentiate Psilocybin? I ask as I have been searching around for answers and it appears that chronic use of Moclobemide down regulates the receptors involved that Psilocybin activates. Is this true? Does potentiation only work with one off doses of this reversible MAOI? Appreciate any advice or pointers.

Thanks.

In normal circuinstances it will potentiate any psychedelic, so yeah, under the effect mushies last longer and are more powerful/need less dosage

And yep, it makes sense that under heavy use it will downregulates receptors but probably not by much. Im just speculating, though, maybe someone knows more exactly.

Finally, as you probably know, IMAOs are not to be mixed at all with other drugs as MDMA, serotonin releasers and others... Just be extra careful

Moclo does affect psilocybin - turns it more into oral dmt. Oral dmt is a bit shorter than shrooms.

Moclo has no effect on acid tho.

Moclo does affect psilocybin - turns it more into oral dmt. Oral dmt is a bit shorter than shrooms.

I think that last statement is a bit variable and perhaps unsafe? Idk, classic psyches are pretty physically safe but mentally can be a different story.

how would it be a shorter experience than mushrooms by itself if moclobemide inhibits the metabolism of psilocin?

I dont know if it inhibits anything it simply makes it like an oral dmt trip which tends to be a bit shorter.

Ive tried moclo and acid about 4 times - never felt any difference.

In normal circuinstances it will potentiate any psychedelic, so yeah, under the effect mushies last longer and are more powerful/need less dosage

And yep, it makes sense that under heavy use it will downregulates receptors but probably not by much. Im just speculating, though, maybe someone knows more exactly.

Finally, as you probably know, IMAOs are not to be mixed at all with other drugs as MDMA, serotonin releasers and others... Just be extra careful
Yes, thanks for the info. I'm aware of the dangerous interactions.