• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MMT supplies better results in term of health care as oppossed to detox?

Doody OD

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Mods I am still finding my way around this site, so please move it this thread is suited to another forum.

The treatment climate in the UK is changing as I understand it, there is an attempt to move away from long term MMT and focus more on abstinence based treatments. In turn this is having some effect in Ireland where I live.

This is of course producing articles stating that MMT as a treatment modality is superior to detox based treatment, I am aware of a few articles discussing this point of few. However, I am trying to research the topic further and I hoping that people here may be aware of various articles that address this topic, ones that can be accessed on the net and that people would suggest some papers and give site addresses where they can be accessed.

I would also hope that we may have some type of discussion on whatever papers are suggested.

I hope that makes some sense

Cheers

Once humanity stops worrying about what drugs another human chooses and sticks with punishing behavior that affects others (intoxicated driving and irresponsible behavior associated with intoxication, selling 'drugs' to people's children, etc) this is the way it will go. I am sorry I cannot provide a paper but there is SOOOOOO much already available to back up the idea that methadone and suboxone are more successful in treating the opiate addict who wants help, but has not yet made the intuitive leap to choose sobriety, that I wouldn't know where to begin. And sadly I am not sure it matters because no matter how much evidence there is to back these ideas up...as long as there is an agenda to control humans via their natural instinct to use psychoactives....no amount of proof will change lawmakers ways until their constituents DEMAND drug law reform.