• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids MMT & 5-HTP – Any Interactions?

muie

Bluelighter
I’ve been on MMT for 1 year and a half, my 3rd time on the program, managing to stay about 1-2 years off the program though not off drugs. Aside from methadone I’ve been taking clonazepam and clonidine daily for 10+ years, while the former on and off as needed. I smoke high grade cannabis daily and have been for 12+ years.

I find myself without any ‘drive’ in life, I cannot find enjoyment in anything. I’ve lost hobbies. I don’t see the reason to play guitar or write rhymes. I cannot get myself to do anything even if it’s something that would benefit me monetarily or otherwise.

For example, I could easily make $400-$600 in one go by simply packaging and weighing drugs, then simply giving them to just 2-3 people who I trusted with my life and who were around me regardless; like having a sister/s who is always there and is even requesting you to do such. As simple as pressing a button really and even in that I couldn’t see a purpose!

All of my days start off waking up around 8-9am, taking my dose of methadone, clonazepam, clonidine. Make a pot of coffee and load up a bowl of high grade in front of the TV. The entire day can go by up to 10pm-11pm and I will still be in the same spot with the pipe still in my hands on top of my lap/belly. While cannabis makes me less motivated and withdrawn into the TV & couch it also saves my life since I don’t drink anymore due to the mood lifting effects and keeps me from both thinking and seeking for drugs.

I’ve tried St. John’s Wort with somewhat beneficial results but found too many interactions. I’ve also tried out for Zoloft that left me with the horrific reaction of an erection that lasted about 3 days, for about 15-18hrs of the day. I’ve had varying degrees of success with Tramadol but my source dried up and it wasn’t the best for the desired purpose.

I’m ready to try 5-HTP but have some doubts and wonder if it can be taken safely along with methadone since methadone is a fully synthetic opioid and targets the NMDA receptors as well as the seratonin levels as stated in the following quote.

“Additionally, some clinically used drugs such as chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and methadone possess SRI properties secondarily to their primary mechanism of action(s) and this contributes to their side effect and drug interaction profiles.” – Wikipedia

Has anyone used 5-HTP while on MMT?

What are the benefits and what are the negatives?