• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mmmm cheese....how good is cheese (The Australian Cheese Appreciation Thread!)

^ I would if I possibly could; sadly taking 3 weeks off just prior to Christmas (for wedding and honeymoon) doesn't leave you in a powerful bargaining position :(

Still I shall try!

^ PRIORITES???!!!!!

You used to be cool :\ ;)

Cheese is still cool :D

I love cheese! My favorite is melting hot haloumi in some flat bread. Love Ricotta too. Goes really well with avocado on bread with a little salt, maybe even some olive oil on top :)

samadhi said:
I think i'm one of the only people i know that doesn't like haloumi :\

+ 1

haloumi =
13.gif

British cheese is best ! Don't even try to deny it ~ you'll only look like bloody minded anti super cheese ex empire provincials otherwise !=D

^^^^Tsk tsk bad colonialist.

Cheese is fantastic, though I won't eat much of it- why does something so tasty have to involve enzymes from a cow stomach? Boohoo

Therefore Nimbin cheese is delicious IMO

Mean Girl said:
+ 1

haloumi =
13.gif

Yay, i'm not alone! :D I just don't like pan-fried cheese. :\

Having said that, even BETTER than King Island Dairy Double Brie, is going to a delicatessen and buying a wheel of brie. Some is that good that you only need to leave it at room temperature for a few minutes before it starts going gooey. *drool*

I've heard that the Queen Vic markets in Melbs has some pretty good dairy? If not, can anyone reccommend a good deli near the CBD?

willow11 said:
Therefore Nimbin cheese is delicious IMO

OMG, someone else loves it! They sell it at my supermarket, and for an everyday cheese, it's so creamy and delicious!

I don't eat cheese every day (gives me heartburn and other *ahem* digestive issues *cough*) but i do love it. :)

doofqueen said:
What is the yummiest lowest fat block cheese you can buy?

The Coles Farmland extra lite actually tastes pretty good for a low fat cheese. Not sayingt here isn't better, but it's the best one I've had, and it actually melts like real cheese, not low fat cheese.

:)

I miss cheese so much. Over here it's stupidly expensive. A tiny block of maybe 175 grams of regular old cheddar goes for nearly 45 bucks! And it's not even that tasty. And it's fucking orange. Outrageous.

Cheese..... mmm... love cheese and Penfold's Club Port (only costs approx $10.00) together along with some Quince Paste and Tasmanian Leatherwood Honey. *looks away snobbish*

Samadhi- King Island Dairy Double Brie (fucking orgasmic)???

Mmm... you seriously try King Island Dairy Seal Bay Triple Cream with some top shelf honey.... trust me ;)

You should check out these products:

*King Island Dairy Black Label Double Brie
*King Island Dairy Discovery Scrubbed Brie
*King Island Dairy Discovery Ash Brie

If you seriously like blue Vein Cheese.... try:

*King Island Dairy Discovery Ash Blue
*King Island Dairy Roaring Forties Blue
*King Island Dairy Black Label Blue Triple Cream

My favourite is the Ash Brie and Ash Blue... very different... it's rubbed with Ashes.... not kidding, gives very unquie flavours.

By the way I hate haloumi, but if I cut it like 0.5 to 1cm thick slices and fry it... it's nice on fried/roasted lamb sandwiches with some Balasmic Roasted Eggplant and Red Capsiums. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry.... I love my cheeses, as my work we have "Cheese Menu" like resturants have "Wine Menu" we have a menu with range of Tasmanian Cheeses.

There's a small company here called "Bruny Island Cheese Co." they just started and they don't adversite, mainly by word of mouth. If you can find them in your city, they seriously worth the extra cash spend, the Cheesemaker spend over 10 years travelling Europe and decided to settle in Tasmania and make his own range... they are the biggest sellers at the resturant where I work.

Does anyone else think it's weird that I like toast with cheese and jam?
(like, strawberry jam)

I also like Ritz crackers with tasty cheese and mango chutney.... a little less odd I guess.

It's really not that weird when you think, cheese platters come with quince paste, and fruit. There's just something about cheese and sweet stuff.

Speaking of Ricotta (well someone was, before): here's one of my favourite breakfasts. Take 1 English muffin, split in half and toast. Spread with Ricotta cheese. Top with sliced strawberries (blueberries or sliced banana also work well). Drizzle with honey. Eat. Yum :)

No SLM, I like my toast with Raspberry Jam and Aged/Matured Chedder cheese. :)

McWigga said:
The Coles Farmland extra lite actually tastes pretty good for a low fat cheese. Not sayingt here isn't better, but it's the best one I've had, and it actually melts like real cheese, not low fat cheese.

:)

I miss cheese so much. Over here it's stupidly expensive. A tiny block of maybe 175 grams of regular old cheddar goes for nearly 45 bucks! And it's not even that tasty. And it's fucking orange. Outrageous.

I really like COON shredded extra light cheese. Tasty and scrummy.

cool, ok thanks guys. I have in the fridge at the moment mainland light and it's a bit rubbery for my liking

Also try the Bega Vintage 25% less fat. It's got black packaging. It's absolutely scrummy (quite sharp like real vintage cheddar) and crumbles like proper cheese. I don't like Mainland's low-fat cheese either.

We alternate between Coon Light, Bega Vintage and Coles Farmland Lite. They seem to be the best.