• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mmmm cheese....how good is cheese (The Australian Cheese Appreciation Thread!)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Does anyone else think it's weird that I like toast with cheese and jam?
(like, strawberry jam)

I also like Ritz crackers with tasty cheese and mango chutney.... a little less odd I guess.

It's really not that weird when you think, cheese platters come with quince paste, and fruit. There's just something about cheese and sweet stuff.

Speaking of Ricotta (well someone was, before): here's one of my favourite breakfasts. Take 1 English muffin, split in half and toast. Spread with Ricotta cheese. Top with sliced strawberries (blueberries or sliced banana also work well). Drizzle with honey. Eat. Yum :)

Im TOTALLY with you sista. I love love LOVE cheese and sweet things... figs, chutney, other fruit. nothing like a lovely double brie with slices of apple or pear (that particular combination brings back wonderful memories of my honeymoon - sitting by a log fire eating brie bought from a local cheesemaker, apples fresh from a local orchard and wine bought on the mountain :D). I even love strawberries and grapes with cheese. I also like it with vintage cheese or particularly pungent cheese, such as blue vein, as for me, it cuts the tanginess just enough. :)

Also, marscapone cheese is used to make tiramisu! :)

Having just come back from Tasmania, my cheese sensors are in overdrive!!

Some absolutely amazing stuff. I'd go back and live there just for the cheese and beer... then I'd remember that other than the awesome scenery (and the cheese and beer of course) there really ain't much going for it...

mmm... cheese!

CB :)

Right, I'm back from France, and i've got to say that the Australian cheese scene is... well, lets say "not robust".

Seriously, I was eating good cheese for 1/4 of the price you pay here, every day. On New Years alone I ate six different types of cheeses, and felt like I put on 10kg afterwards.

Australia has some good cheeses, but the vast majority of it is just tripe compared to established markets like France.

In NZ it's awesome as all their chicken burgers come with cheese + (what I took to be jam but is actually) cranberry sauce!!! Deeeelicious!!!

Seriously the food (cheese in partic) is so lush in NZ. You people should all go on a gourmet food holiday there (not that I have, but I'd like to!)

Mr Samadhi's grandfather used to make his own cheese. He said it was some of the best cheese he's ever tasted. I would have loved to try it. :(

Man I just realised I wrote that a block of cheese costs $45 over here. I emant 4 or 5. B'oh. That's what hapens when you drunk-type.

:)