• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mixing tylenol 3 (codeine) with promethazine DM

kitkat66

Greenlighter
So I acquired some tylenol 3's (300mg APAP/30mg codeine), and I decided to CWE using the simplest method I could find (dissolve pills in water, filter through a coffee filter into another cup, done). Instead of just drinking it straight up I decided to make myself a lean like concoction. I poured 60mg of CWE'd codeine into some sprite, as well as between 10-20ML of promethazine DM (prometh and dxm). I thought it would make for a nice experience, but it seemed to actually dull the effects of codeine and just make me more tired then anything (then again I only drank a little over half of it). My concern lies here:

1. Is it a safe combination?
2. Is this a beneficial combination? I heard that promethazine can eliminate nausea caused by codeine, which I do notice, but its slight (its more of a upset stomach then nausea). I don't really want to be consuming anywhere near 20ML of prometh dm just to prevent nausea. So whats a good ratio of codeine to prometh dm to stop nausea but not ruin the experience. I also heard that smoking weed helps nausea from codeine, but im not sure.
3. How much codeine & prometh dm can I consume per day without being concerned with saftey? 60mg of codeine seems to get me pretty comfortable.
4. Will consuming more codeine increase the nausea/upset stomach?
5. Last, is this an effective CWE method? http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/272847-COLD-WATER-EXTRACTION-made-simple(r) The end result was slightly murky, but much clearer then before I filtered it. And there was a bunch of gunk left behind, I'm assuming that was the APAP.
6. Is CWE necessary if i would take, say, up to 4 of these a day?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any responses!

1. relatively safe yes
2. yes, but i always dose my antihistamine after the codeine has peaked as i find it blunts the high
3. 60mgs is an entry level dose, i wouldn;t go higher than 150mgs if my tolerance was that low, but then again your mileage may vary
4. yep
5. haven't tried that method so i couldn't say
6. 1300mgs of apap isn't too good to be ingesting everyday, but if you were doing this like a couple of times a month the risk is negligible

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! I'll probably not do CWE if im planning on taking 2 pills in a day, 600mg of APAP should be fine even if taken for a few days right? Also, is there a dosage of prometh dm that you could recommend? I think 20ml is way too much for 60mg codeine but I'm not sure.

sorry can't recommend a dosage its been a while since i was rx'd prometh, but take a low an amount as poss imo