Mental Health Mixing Subutex and Zoloft?

MotherJupiter

Greenlighter
Hello, i am currently weening myself off a several year long suboxone (now subutex) habit. I started to see a new doctor who dosnt know about my subs as ive cut my dosage to about a quarter of what i was prescribed and I plan to be off them completely in the next month or so.

This new doctor perscribed me Zoloft for my horrendous anxiety dissorders and panic attacks and due to said panic attacks, im worried about mixing the two dugs.

Has anyone mixed Zoloft and Bupe? If so what were your experiances with the two?

Hello, i am currently weening myself off a several year long suboxone (now subutex) habit. I started to see a new doctor who dosnt know about my subs as ive cut my dosage to about a quarter of what i was prescribed and I plan to be off them completely in the next month or so.

This new doctor perscribed me Zoloft for my horrendous anxiety dissorders and panic attacks and due to said panic attacks, im worried about mixing the two dugs.

Has anyone mixed Zoloft and Bupe? If so what were your experiances with the two?

I have been on Zoloft for nearly 10 years and in that time have taken pretty much every opioid there is, including Subutex. I have never noticed any reaction whatsoever between the two. Literally NONE.

There isn't any outstanding danger there. A lot of opioid addicts started using for depression, so once the addiction part is under control (sub), the depression can be treated (zoloft). They don't interact in any major manner. With a few exceptions, one's doctor is to be trusted. You'll be fine with this.