• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mixing OxyContin and Valium

pill princess

Bluelighter
Hi, this is my first post I’m new so I apologize if this is not in the right spot.
I’ve been takin extended release oxycontins for the past 9 months. I don’t take them everyday but pretty close to it. I was sober for a month last December and then relapsed in early Feb of this year and have been taking them since. I take 2 a day usually to help me sleep so about 30 mg. But I can safely take 50-60 mgs. I choose to take 30mg a day so I can conserve as they are extremely expensive. So I have a year and a half of experience with opiates. I love them.
Recently I got a few 10mg valiums. I have no experience with benzos. But I’ve read on here a small dose can potentiate opiates. Is it safe for me to mix them since I only have a tolerance with the OxyContin and not the Benzos? If so how much would you recommend taking?

Hi, this is my first post I’m new so I apologize if this is not in the right spot.
I’ve been takin extended release oxycontins for the past 9 months. I don’t take them everyday but pretty close to it. I was sober for a month last December and then relapsed in early Feb of this year and have been taking them since. I take 2 a day usually to help me sleep so about 30 mg. But I can safely take 50-60 mgs. I choose to take 30mg a day so I can conserve as they are extremely expensive. So I have a year and a half of experience with opiates. I love them.
Recently I got a few 10mg valiums. I have no experience with benzos. But I’ve read on here a small dose can potentiate opiates. Is it safe for me to mix them since I only have a tolerance with the OxyContin and not the Benzos? If so how much would you recommend taking?
it's not a good idea but i do it. I'd start with 5mg of valium since you have no benzo tolerance

Hey @pill princess :)

Welcome to the forums and fret not, for you are in what I believe to be the right place. So you've had a little dalliance with Opioids and you report back that "all is well, I love them". It's pretty much what we have all said. Opioids, I can only compare to romantic relationships. You meet a girl/guy, you know that they are trouble, but there is some kind of energy between you that makes the risk worth it. Yes, it's usually sexual, but it could be anything. You pursue someone known to be problematic thinking you can "fix" him/her. That's Opioids.

You might end up married, with children, there may be custody battles, separations, divorces etc. but you will more or less become linked to a greater degree as time progresses. I know you like them, but by the way you write, I feel you might be treating this with less caution than your true, rational self would. You seem intelligent and you're not hard to understand, but you seem to suffer from that familiar syndrome of ignorance. Ignorance is such a dirty word in our society, but drugs have been turned into a topic of mass-ignorance by our own institutions, so it's not your fault.

Using powerful Opioids like Oxycodone for sleep problems is probably using too large a gun for your selected prey. Nothing bad has happened yet, but you've definitely "tasted the fruit" and now you have that to deal with. I'm going to stop preaching, because I am now realizing that this is not at all what you were looking for.

Yes, Benzodiazepines and Opioids taken together often produce a state of synergy in regard to potency. By combining Opioids with other depressants like Benzodiazepines you are not only dealing with addition and subtraction but also exponents.

You will likely feel significantly more sedated taking your usual dose of Oxycodone with a dose of Diazepam (Valium). Don't take anything that is not necessary for your condition. If you truly want to maximize the benefit of these medicines, it means you have to treat them responsibly. Like anything in life, you need to plan and invest to make something work and continue to work for you.

It's really not easy and there are a lot of very easy mistakes to make, so you've gotta tread lightly through all of this. Take the lowest dosage possible for the ailment that you're attempting to treat and don't use anything excessively

Hey @pill princess :)

Welcome to the forums and fret not, for you are in what I believe to be the right place. So you've had a little dalliance with Opioids and you report back that "all is well, I love them". It's pretty much what we have all said. Opioids, I can only compare to romantic relationships. You meet a girl/guy, you know that they are trouble, but there is some kind of energy between you that makes the risk worth it. Yes, it's usually sexual, but it could be anything. You pursue someone known to be problematic thinking you can "fix" him/her. That's Opioids.

You might end up married, with children, there may be custody battles, separations, divorces etc. but you will more or less become linked to a greater degree as time progresses. I know you like them, but by the way you write, I feel you might be treating this with less caution than your true, rational self would. You seem intelligent and you're not hard to understand, but you seem to suffer from that familiar syndrome of ignorance. Ignorance is such a dirty word in our society, but drugs have been turned into a topic of mass-ignorance by our own institutions, so it's not your fault.

Using powerful Opioids like Oxycodone for sleep problems is probably using too large a gun for your selected prey. Nothing bad has happened yet, but you've definitely "tasted the fruit" and now you have that to deal with. I'm going to stop preaching, because I am now realizing that this is not at all what you were looking for.

Yes, Benzodiazepines and Opioids taken together often produce a state of synergy in regard to potency. By combining Opioids with other depressants like Benzodiazepines you are not only dealing with addition and subtraction but also exponents.

You will likely feel significantly more sedated taking your usual dose of Oxycodone with a dose of Diazepam (Valium). Don't take anything that is not necessary for your condition. If you truly want to maximize the benefit of these medicines, it means you have to treat them responsibly. Like anything in life, you need to plan and invest to make something work and continue to work for you.

It's really not easy and there are a lot of very easy mistakes to make, so you've gotta tread lightly through all of this. Take the lowest dosage possible for the ailment that you're attempting to treat and don't use anything excessively
Hi, thanks for your reply. When I first used oxys back in August of 2020, I was definitely ignorant. I had heard about people getting addicted, and that these were no joke, but I didn’t think it would happen to me. At the time, I had been smoking weed heavily for about ten years and had problems with controlling my use. I was addicted and I knew that. The truth is, the opiates took me in a snap and I wasn’t even aware of it at the time. Not until it was too late. All I knew was I needed to get more of the precious little gems. I mean I still view them as a precious commodity. Like diamonds if you will.
Four months later, after draining my entire savings, I decided to enter rehab. I stayed for about three weeks. I had high hopes to stay clean, but a few weeks after I returned home a bunch of health issues hit me all at once, and I was in genuinely very bad pain. Knowing the doctors wouldn’t give me anything because of my history, I stupidly called my dealer and threw away almost 2 months of sobriety. I went back to that fuzzy, warm blanket of pure bliss that I said I was done with. I was clearly not able to quit them even though my health issues have since cleared up. Luckily though, I haven’t touched weed in over nine months, which I’m proud of, because that’s something I was struggling with for a very long time and felt hopeless with. I just switched one addiction for another.
I made the decision to open Pandora’s box, that day in August, so I’ve kind of had to come to terms with the fact that my life is never going to be the same. I know that I’m most likely going to be in an “ off and on relationship” thing with opiates for as long as I live. I mean, I know people can get off them, as well as worse things like heroin and stuff, i know it’s possible. But I just don’t want to. They’re too perfect to give up.

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I first used oxys back in August of 2020, I was definitely ignorant. I had heard about people getting addicted, and that these were no joke, but I didn’t think it would happen to me. At the time, I had been smoking weed heavily for about ten years and had problems with controlling my use. I was addicted and I knew that. The truth is, the opiates took me in a snap and I wasn’t even aware of it at the time. Not until it was too late. All I knew was I needed to get more of the precious little gems. I mean I still view them as a precious commodity. Like diamonds if you will.
Four months later, after draining my entire savings, I decided to enter rehab. I stayed for about three weeks. I had high hopes to stay clean, but a few weeks after I returned home a bunch of health issues hit me all at once, and I was in genuinely very bad pain. Knowing the doctors wouldn’t give me anything because of my history, I stupidly called my dealer and threw away almost 2 months of sobriety. I went back to that fuzzy, warm blanket of pure bliss that I said I was done with. I was clearly not able to quit them even though my health issues have since cleared up. Luckily though, I haven’t touched weed in over nine months, which I’m proud of, because that’s something I was struggling with for a very long time and felt hopeless with. I just switched one addiction for another.
I made the decision to open Pandora’s box, that day in August, so I’ve kind of had to come to terms with the fact that my life is never going to be the same. I know that I’m most likely going to be in an “ off and on relationship” thing with opiates for as long as I live. I mean, I know people can get off them, as well as worse things like heroin and stuff, i know it’s possible. But I just don’t want to. They’re too perfect to give up.

I just want to comment about my own experience man, cause I think it might be somewhat helpful. I've been a Cannabis user my entire adult life and a large part of my pre-adult life too ;) There was a point in a relatively uninterrupted decade of Heroin usage when I was about 22 that I became sober for about 9 months. By my mark, I was doing amazingly. I was attending 12-step meetings, which have always factored heavily in my recovery. Well, I was smoking weed the entire time.

Like I said, by my mark, everything was going great. I had done what I believed to be a complete 180... but I was smoking weed. More and more, they're talking about honesty in the program, right, all honesty, about all things. I could be completely honest about everything... except smoking weed.

So... although I was about to finish my degree, having been in jail and almost catching a felony prior to this sobriety, I still couldn't relax. I was a liar and a fake and all that shit. It ended up completely derailing me. I ended up back on Heroin and still smoking weed. Basically, if I had just resigned myself to smoking weed, I would have been much better off, but instead, I lost everything.

I am not implying that our relationships with Cannabis are the same, but I am in recovery today and I used Cannabis and life is pretty good for me. I always say, perhaps one day I will stop smoking weed, but I see no need right this second. In short, being addicted to Cannabis is nothing compared to being addicted to Opioids.

yes it’s “safe” in theory split that pill in 4 get a pill cutter you can always take more you cannot take less after the fact and you never know who might have an adverse reaction

I take Xanax with oxycodone and OxyContin but I have been taking Xanax 1mg which is the equivalent of 15mg? of Valium i think? Don’t quote me maybe less 4x a day but I actually take all 4 at night to sleep but I have been taking them for over 10yrs so I have a really high tolerance to both opioids and benzos

but I want to just discuss the the cons a little bit just to talk about it so you go in knowing the side effects of benzodiazepines
memory loss, increased risk for Alzheimer’s, blacking out, and I mean as one female to another seriously it’s dangerous to be a female and have that level of blacking out you are in danger
if you decide to proceed start low as I said you can always take more
take the pill when you are either alone or not with a guy you don’t trust or not with a guy period you could seriously be taken advantage of
Google benzos and rape.
this entire rant is a sign that I’m old old because all I see are red flags instead of a good time.
plus highly addictive and seizures if you stop taking them suddenly

and now everywhere in the USA a lot of the “Xanax“ and other benzos are not even real they a fakes that have fentanyl and other garbage in them and people are overdosing

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it’s “safe” in theory split that pill in 4 get a pill cutter you can always take more you cannot take less after the fact and you never know who might have an adverse reaction

I take Xanax with oxycodone and OxyContin but I have been taking Xanax 1mg which is the equivalent of 15mg? of Valium i think? Don’t quote me maybe less 4x a day but I actually take all 4 at night to sleep but I have been taking them for over 10yrs so I have a really high tolerance to both opioids and benzos

but I want to just discuss the the cons a little bit just to talk about it so you go in knowing the side effects of benzodiazepines
memory loss, increased risk for Alzheimer’s, blacking out, and I mean as one female to another seriously it’s dangerous to be a female and have that level of blacking out you are in danger
if you decide to proceed start low as I said you can always take more
take the pill when you are either alone or not with a guy you don’t trust or not with a guy period you could seriously be taken advantage of
Google benzos and rape.
this entire rant is a sign that I’m old old because all I see are red flags instead of a good time.
plus highly addictive and seizures if you stop taking them suddenly

and now everywhere in the USA a lot of the “Xanax“ and other benzos are not even real they a fakes that have fentanyl and other garbage in them and people are overdosing

be careful one girl to another it’s scary I slept with my “friend“ while I was on Xanax and opioids and didn’t remember and had bruises all over my arms and legs and it’s was awful. I wasn’t raped but I don’t remember it. I wasn’t really myself. I took mushrooms and was laying in the dark and flashes were coming back and I was having like downloads of that night and it wasn’t good, it wasn’t nice, he sent me a 6 foot teddy bear with t-shirt wearing an I love …. My name
be careful
Thanks for the advice. I’ve decided I’m not going to take both together. I ran out of opiates today so I plan to take the Valium by itself tomorrow and see how I like it. Will that be safe to take it tomorrow even if there still might be traces of Oxycodone in my system from today? I took 25 mg by mouth crushed

Yes Its effects will be gone by tomorrow
I would still start out with a little of it because too much of a benzo will just put someone with no tolerance to sleep and then you will wake up and be annoyed that you wasted it lol