• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids mixing methadone with fentanyl??

Yes it is extremely safe to combine methadone with fentanyl because you cannot overdose on either drug by itself therefore combined it's even safer.

You can't overdose on methadone alone? Or fentanyl alone? Seems like alot of people die from both 🤔. In fact, in proportion to the amount that is prescribed/dispensed, methadone is associated with far more fatal overdoses than other commonly prescribed opioids (like say morphine or oxycodone).

You can see the phenomenon illustrated here:

Methadone is quite rare relative to other prescription opioids, yet it kills a disproportionate amount of people considering its comparative scarcity. For instance, as shown above, in 2005, all the natural and semi-synthetic opioids prescribed combined (ie, all scripts for morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone etc) killed around 5,500, while methadone killed around 4,500, despite methadone being far rarer.

Its perhaps even more clear here:

Methadone of course will raise your tolerance to fentanyl, and vice versa, but the combo can definitely result in fatal OD.

That said, I used a ton of fentanyl while on methadone. Mainly because it was the only thing strong enough to pierce through the 380mg/day of methadone I was on.

Perhaps all the fentanyl that is going around these might days might wind up leading to a reduction in the number of methadone overdoses since all that fentanyl that is being consumed has raised people's tolerances to the point where methadone overdoses don't happen as easily.

This post is wrong on so many levels...
I automatically assumed he was being sarcastic but I guess you can never know for sure.
Another user said methadone was an opioid antagonist lol these old threads can be pretty wild.

someone is gonna see that last post and honestly believe it and your gonna be the reason some dumbs loads up a syringe probably with both of gram each and plunge that into himself thinking he's safe.... ALL BECAUSE OF YOU

Just a note to anyone who reads this thread.

DO NOT COMBINE METHADONE WITH OTHER OPIATES!

When I was getting of morphine and got a box of methadone girl giving it to me said – just don’t do what I did when I was getting of H and think you can mix & match for better – and she’s right. Methadone mixed with opiates if done right can be good high but true is that it’s pointless and dangerous, it’s more dangerous than when taken alone, it ruins tolerance, makes you addicted to it too etc.