• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Mixing heroin with alcohol

^

guess so. Seems pretty straightforward , makes me wonder how come alcohol brings on quicker and stronger withdrawals , while benzos for instance don't (IME)

and bet it works for nicotine as well. Still there is nothing i'd rather do than light a cigarette after a shot or while chasing.

^ Don't advocate blatantly horrible HR advice. You have been here long enough to realize that.
Where do you see him advocating it? This forum is for harm reduction but telling people false information doesn't reduce harm, hes more then likely going to do this even if you tell him not too but atleast giving him an idea of the risks and answering his question will be way more productive then just telling him no.

I tried Heroin for the first time yesterday. I enjoyed it, but was kinda disapointed(I guess I was expecting too much) so I just took a shot of Absynth with it. I think I liked the high more after that but maybe it's because it heroin needed some time to get me high.

I'm interested in the correlation between opiate use and the decrease in alcohol consumption..most opiate users I know stop drinking after they get into opiates..maybe becauseopiates are a better self medicating substance..

I used to think that only drug that would make an alcoholic (someone that realy likes the effects of alcohol and not someone who uses it just cause he doesn't like sobberity) quit drinking is heroin. However I've met some people that are addicted to both heroin and alcohol.
In general, I think that when an alcoholic uses an other drug and he enjoys it, he is just gonna combine it with alcohol and that usualy doesn't end well.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the correlation between opiate use and the decrease in alcohol consumption..most opiate users I know stop drinking after they get into opiates..maybe becauseopiates are a better self medicating substance..

A lot of people bounce back and forth between both drugs/addictions, or quit one drug and pick up the other and wind up addicted to both, but don't combine them because it's fatal. Or if they combine opiates and alcohol sometimes it's out of being naive, and other times they know it's dangerous but just don't care.

I had a friend who was addicted to alcohol and heroin. I could never understand how he could enjoy mixing them as not only do I think too much alcohol kills an opiate high, but for me shooting heroin after a few drinks would kill my alcohol buzz and make me feel sleepy.

I would sometimes mix one or two drinks with heroin, but never more than that. For me they are too very different highs which dont mix well.

Not only can alcohol mixed with opiates kill you through respiratory depression, but to add to that, alcohol ruins the recreational "high" of opiates by reducing its euphoria and overpowering the nuances of the high.

I didn't stop drinking after i started taking Opiates except when i quit Alcohol for years to dry out from being a Alcoholic. But Opiates as i found not only curbed my cravings for alcohol but also made getting drunk pretty impossible. I can drink a 26oz bottle of Rum or Whiskey when not on Opiates but even on my normal dose of Morphine i start feeling sick after only a few drinks. The only Opioid i could ever mix with Alcohol was Demerol which for some reason didn't make me feel sick. I certainly wouldn't suggest that mix though given how toxic Demerol is and the fact that Alcohol adds to that toxicity.

Not only can alcohol mixed with opiates kill you through respiratory depression, but to add to that, alcohol ruins the recreational "high" of opiates by reducing its euphoria and overpowering the nuances of the high.
That's not always true, it has to do with how your body accepts alcohol. For some people alcohol would increase the ephoria.

I've heard from family members before of a guy that was drinking beer that day, and someone gave him some vicodin, he probably took 4 5/500s but whatever dosage he took 4 and ended up dying from it. He never woke up aparently.

I am a heroin addict, and when I'm not using I am an alcoholic. Rarely together. Mostly it is a "I'm high and I have no desire for alcohol" deal, but of course there has been the other way around and I've gone that route. Always be warned it's not a good combo. I haven't experienced that but I hear about it. Usually if I'm drunk I want to get high

With the previous person's comment... I feel like it's okay with pills to elaborate with alcohol but with heroin not so much. Gotta appreciate your life man

With the previous person's comment... I feel like it's okay with pills to elaborate with alcohol but with heroin not so much. Gotta appreciate your life man

There's not much of a difference, only with pills you know how much you're taking, but combining CNS depressants like alcohol and opioids is always dangerous

That's not always true, it has to do with how your body accepts alcohol. For some people alcohol would increase the ephoria.

i 100% agree w/that.. just for the fact that alcohol actually decreases the euphoria for me, but not all the time, sometimes it does the opposite, really depends on how much I've been drinking recently/daily at the time..

and and on the other hand my one boy is the opposite of me , it usually makes the euphoria better for him, hence he loves mixing the two... so everyone reacts differently

Whenever I was using heroin I NEVER drink, mainly cuz I feel like it corrupts the high... when I started on pain pills though I would do a ton of oxys, alcohol and cocaine at the same time... that is a horrible idea though, tons of the friends I was using with at that time are dead (from that exact combination).