• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mixing heroin to IV it (solution to dissolve it, question)

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello, i have read that some heroin needs citric acid to dissolve it.. Is there some heroin (or maybe all?) that can be dissolved with sterile 0.9% normal saline?

If not, after dissolving the heroin with citric acid, can you mix it with the normal saline to help dilute it?

Thanks,
Chris

I think lemon juice is often used this way.
I have used food grade powdered Citric acid, but if you aren't very judicious in your use you will burn the ever loving shit outta your veins.

Look up bacostatic solution. Whether or not you need citric acid to get the dope to work IV depends on what kind of dope you have, whether it’s base or not. Please do not use lemon juice to turn it into the acid, needle exchanges will give out citric acid for that, and you won’t have to worry as much about biological contaminant.

If your Heroin won't dissolve in water then there's a good chance that it's #3 and needs to be turned into a salt from one of a number of acids. Most use citric because it's not as powerful as say hydrochloric. Most pharmaceutical drugs are hydro-chlorides or sulfates (from sulfuric acid) but this is done professionally with stoichiometric calculated reactions, not a spoon and lighter. Here is a video with the science, but for practical purposes you need to add very small amounts till the H has dissolved.

Thank you very much for the replies guys! And thanks for the video Jekyl! Definitely interesting!