• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mixing Different Vicodin Combinatins

IBM_067

Greenlighter
Hey, I was just wondring if I was to take vicodin with different doses (i.e. 2 7.5's and 2 5's) would mixing them be a bad combo? I use it recreationally (about once every 2-3 weeks), and mostly stick to the 7.5's.

There is no difference between the pills, one just has more hydrocodone in it. Of course you can take them together.

Mixing them is fine, as stated they are the same pills just different amounts of hydrocodone in them. Just be careful and monitor how much acetominophen you take. Too much APAP leaves me with horrid stomach pains and cramps and the hydro leaves me with cottom mouth and dehydrates me and i end up with a headache unless i drink copious amounts of water with them. With the amount of pills you are taking though it shouldnt be an issue, just be careful to pay attention to your tolerance if you decide to take more than normal i wouldnt recommend bumping up your dosage drastically, but rather would say to do a gradual increase if it seems they lost their "magic". One of my first mistakes with opiates was taking too many than i should because they had lost their "magic" and i figured if 3 are good then 9 would be amazing!!!!! At that time with my tolerance i was WRONG. Ended up with horrid stomach cramps and pains, puking, headache, dizzy, shaking, the works. So if you end up a little bit more tolerant one of these times taking them, go from 2 of each or whatever to 3 of each rather than doubling it or anything. But taking the 2 different sized(?) pills together wont have any weird reactions since they are the same medicine in different amounts. So sit back and enjoy your warm blanket of happiness my man! Oh the things i would do if i could go back to having that size of tolerance again! One can dream!

Thanks guys! Yeah, I definitely always make sure to not go over the 3,500-4,000 mg acetaminophen limit. I was just unsure because my friend gave me some 5's as a Christmas gift and I have only done 7.5's before, but thanks for clearing it up for me. And yeah, I definitely will be careful and slowly up my levels if the need arises. I actually started by taking 2 but an hour apart from eachother because naive me thought that one would have me on a euphoria trip while riding a unicorn. Sicne then, I take 3 or 4 once every couple of weeks with my friend and we have a pretty great time. I found that spacing out how often I take them has allowed me to not have to up my dosage at all since the first time.

dont pay attention to brand names. vicoden is only a brand, like apple and microsoft both make PCs, they are just brands. just pay attention to the active chemicals in the pharmy. only thing u gotta worry about is the APAP, that stuff is dangerous and i cant believe they put such high amounts in the opiate/APAP pills still

If you are spacing out when you get high on them by a few weeks at a time you shouldnt build a tolerance to them which is awesome you can do that. Sounds like so far you are one of the lucky ones who can actually do that and not end up doing them closer and closer together until before you realize it you are using them everyday and are addicted to them and didnt even notice it happen. But yeah as he said just watch the active ingredient (in vicodin its hydrocodone) which is what gets you high and you already know to watch how much APAP you eat. If you plan on doing a bunch maybe even look into cold water extraction which will be good if you get a ton of them and extract them you will be able to measure out your dose and have it completely free (or close to free) from APAP which if you read into that garbage you will see just how bad for you it really is.