• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Mixing benzos tolerance

X4nM4n420

Greenlighter
Hey does mixing benzos build a higher tolerance? Say I can take 1mg of Ativan and feel it, and also 1mg of Xanax and feel it.. Woild doing 1mg of both at the same time increase my tolerance to both of these? Or will it keep my tolerance at the same

How does this combo make you feel? Is it worth it, or should I just take one or the other (Ativan is harder to come by)

So if I did 1mg of each, woild 1mg of Ativan still be effective for me tomorrow or in a couple days? (I'm prescribed Ativan use as needed)

Xanax is twice as potent as Ativan, so takes ~2mg lorazepam(Ativan) to equal 1mg alprazolam(Xanax)

If you enjoy mixing them, it is like taking roughly 3mg of your Ativan, and Lorazepam has a delayed onset, yet a longer duration than xanax, which typically hits hard and fast, yet wears off fast. Kind of an odd combo, though can understand it.

Tolerance cannot really be predicted like that, dose for dose, even long term it can vary. However they are both potent benzodiazepines (alprazolam especially) and have cross tolerance. Doubt switching would make much of a difference, if anything abusing xanax may increase tolerance, as it is fairly potent, and fast acting, and it wears off quickly enough to redose.

Anyway, your Ativan will not simply stop working Tommorow(not because you took a Xanax) although doing this frequently will almost certainly increase tolerance