• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Mixing alcohol with Tramadol and Trazodone

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I take both Tramadol and Trazodone regularly, but have never previously drank whilst on them. I was an alcoholic for seven years, but have been sober for the best two. I still occasionally drink (I'm talking like two glasses of wine or so, always several months apart).
My brother and I pretty much both steal from each other and have adapted a sort of policy where we share everything since we'd steal it anyway haha. I found a half bottle of vodka in his room and now it's mine.
Anyway,

I know opiates and alcohol potentiate one another and I'm sure trazodone, being a sedative, will also be affected by alcohol?

I have taken 200mg of Tramadol and 200mg of Trazodone. What can I expect adding the vodka into the mix? I'm looking for warning of potentiation or side-effects?
If I'm gonna inadvisably mix things, I'd rather do it with advice and knowledge.

Better idea not to add alcohol as it’s messes with seizure threshold, as can tramadol.

Why trazadone though? That’s hardly recreational and is imagine it’ll take away from the tramadol experience.

Better idea not to add alcohol as it’s messes with seizure threshold, as can tramadol.

Why trazadone though? That’s hardly recreational and is imagine it’ll take away from the tramadol experience.

I take trazodone for anxiety.

I didn't know alcohol reduced seizure threshold? I've only ever had seizures from NOT drinking.

Ah, gotcha. That is kinda unusual though, but it does work really well for PTSD so who am I to judge.

Yes, alcohol does mess with seizure threshold. Most people think it is only an issue with DTs, but it can also be an issue for some people at normal dosages.

Probability would suggest you’d probably be fine to consume alcohol with your tramadol, but there is a risk there I would personally try to avoid.

I’d be more worried about combining alcohol with tramadol, don’t think there is much issue with trazadone and alcohol (it’s worth double checking though).

200mg tramadol isn’t too dangerous of a dose, so you’ll probably be fine if you take the combo though.