• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mixing 30mg oxycodone/hydrochloride (NO APAP) with beer? Safe!??

Zarvarian

Greenlighter
I have a moderately high opioid tolerance and took 2 30mg oxy/hydrochloride pills throughout the day.

keep in mind these have no APAP or acetaminophen aka TYLENOL.

would it be safe to have a few beers now??

Probably but depending on the amount of beers. But it is generally not advised and alcohol ruins the opiate high because it tends to make people nauseaus and you just feel fucked up in a bad way.

I wouldn't do it and save the drinking for another day. Opiates and Alcohol just don't like each other.

There is risk of aspiration as well, that is: choking on your own vomit if you throw up from the nausea while your gag reflex is suppressed or even unable to swallow..

I have recent personal experience with this, and just like combining opioids and benzo's it is seriously warned against but you still read about people doing it. Two things about that: that some people get away with it still doesn't mean it is safe, and also importantly it matters a LOT if you build experience with it first.
If you very slowly get used to alcohol on opioids it seems that a chance of fatal reaction is lower, though still very present.

Either way though: no it is not safe.

Better to mix your oxycodone with 1 or 2 beers (and no more!) than with benzodiazepines (especially high doses thereof), but like Solipsis just said, neither is exactly the brightest idea in the world.