• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) thread

L2R said:
what are you waiting for?

hah well man between school, work, and my financial state i have no time/money to train in that way. once i get out of school and have a stable source of income then i plan on looking into it, i have since i was in grade school basically.

So Fedor Emilianenko is not only a knockout artist...he actually likes to draw.

I wasn't expecting him to be the guy that drew these though...

GAiquQ
AuKiu3
JAiquQ
KAiquQ
LAiquQ
MAiquQ
ffA4DQ
h0Sgdg

uhhhhh...

? :D ?

Sucks for Monson, but what about Monson vs. Fedor in March on the Bodog Russian card? It's scheduled for March. He could be out of training for a couple months depending on the damage done. You'd think he would want all the training time he could get unless he realized it really wouldn't matter either way and he's just there to collect a nice check. I'm sure Bodog is paying both fighters very nicely. That is a very, very rich organization. Owner Calvin Ayre is ranked something like #746 of the world's richest people. Here he is on Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/GCUD.html

Monson would be the third fighter to to be injured in a fight with Sylvia. Ricco Rodriguez and Arlovski(third fight) are the other two. I think Monson played it smart by staying away from the clinch.

And personally I'm glad to see no elbows in Pride.

BreakzHabit said:
Get that gay shit out of this masculine thread at once! :X :X :X

shirtless, sweaty, muscled-up doods rolling around on the floor while being held in each others' arms is masculine? ;)

Lane said:
shirtless, sweaty, muscled-up doods rolling around on the floor while being held in each others' arms is masculine? ;)
When they're choking, kicking, punching, elbowing, kneeing, and pulling limbs in directions they weren't intended to go... Yes. =D

Holy Shit

DID ANYONE SEE THE FIGHT ON SPIKE TONIGHT???

That was my friend Sean Salmon who got knocked the fuck out!

My heart seriously skipped a beat.

He's ok. Well he's alive.

Welcome to the big leagues Sean!

Don't worry... people wont forget you. That knock out will be top 10 of all time!

That was a serious kick he landed to his head.
Man, he was out COLD.

Still, he ran that first round, so it was a lucky hard shot.

Your boy still has talent.

Let's hope he recovers quickly

:)

shirtless, sweaty, muscled-up doods rolling around on the floor while being held in each others' arms is masculine?

there is something very homoerotic about martial arts, look at how these thai boxers love each other:
100Muay_Thai_Boxers-med.jpg

That said I've been thai boxing since 16, (aside from the gay stuff)I love it!

dammit... they took them down for copywrite reasons

Update:: His mom sent out an email saying he woke up in the ambulance with no short term memory but it gradually came back as the night progressed. The doc checked him out and sent him out with just a fracture in his eyebrow that he didnt know was there from a previous fight.He also fought with a screwed up ankle he hurt training this week. He was all shot up so it was numb. She said they knew he would be ok when he joked about making the highlight reel for the next few years.

If Fedor ever comes to the UFC, it 's over. The guy's a f*cking monster. He would lay utter waste to anyone IMO. But CroCop is here now and I think he'll be the next heavyweight champion. And Randy Couture coming back to fight Sylvia? Well Randy has balls, for sure. But, if he got beat twice by Chuck Liddell how's he going to stop Tim Sylvia? I'd love to see it but it's not going to happen.

uh....... those pictures are cool, but the second half of them plays like a game of "which one of these is not like the other?". that's okay, though.

personally, i like ufc and pride... almost equally, but i guess ufc has a sentimental hold because i've followed it since i was a kid with their first ppv back in the days of royce grace just running shit. it was a lot more brutal and disorganized back then, and honestly shocking the first time i saw it (i remember in UFC I a savate champion just beat a sumo wrestler senseless and it was crazy to watch something like that for real on tv for the first time). matt hughes will be back in the game before too long, but honestly, the story in UFC is how exciting some of the younger upcoming guys can be. i never believed the guys from ultimate fighter could put on such awesome fucking fights until i saw griffith v. bonnar. a few other potential longterm fighters came out of the several seasons of the show (diego sanchez the maniac comes to mind). the marquee stars of the league are still lidell and silvia, with hughes as a runnerup, but i think with the burgeoning interest and money as this type of thing becomes mainstream in america will draw better competition from abroad and entice better athletes from here. i can't wait to see where mixed martial arts is going to go in the next few years.