The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Mixed Jive?

Oxcartcordone

Greenlighter
Is anyone here old enough to remember mixed jive? It was a low-grade heroin sold in Detroit. I see the term "mixed jive" pop up on a Google search so I'm sure it's been used by more cities than just Detroit

I am not a heroin user but I knew many junkies back in the day. You could spot a mixed jive junkie on sight as many had open abscess sores on their bodies. Many of the users lost a foot or hand. The sores and limb lose was cause by the really nasty cut that the dealers used. I often wonder what cut was used to cause such devastating destruction on the users bodies.

I read a Detroit News article stating that the powder found inside fluorescent light bulbs was found in mix jive. I find it hard to believe that is possible because I'm fairly certain that fluorescent light bulbs contain mercury.
What would cause open abscess sores and limb loss?

Usually infection causes the sores and limb loss.

I have never heard of Jive before.

Usually infection causes the sores and limb loss.

I have never heard of Jive before.

True but this was very wide spread. I haven't seen the sores like I did back in the 80s. It really turned me away from ever thinking about becoming an IV drug user.

At least you saw something bad enough to make you stay away from it. I wish I had.

At least you saw something bad enough to make you stay away from it. I wish I had.

I've been into Pharmys the last few years and the prices are getting so expensive I'm really tempted to try heroin. Being a newbie I'm not sure what I can post but the prices in my area for oxycontin have jumped $XX to $XX a pill. And judging what people are paying near by states we're still getting a deal. I will not go the IV right.

Last edited by a moderator:
XX a pill o.o
please dont go to heroin
if you can get oc's for XX$ a pill
then dont go to heroin

[No prices are allowed to be listed outside the price thread {unknown}]

Being a newbie I'm not sure what I can post but the prices in my area for oxycontin have jumped $XX to $XX a pill.

Depends on the MG for those prices. But if they're 80s... fuck man.

...But trying heroin isn't exactly the "best" idea to have. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and tell you NOT to do it, because well, I do it. But, it can lead down a very ugly road.

^no he's saying that the prices for the oxy have RISEN $XX-XX per pill. thats how much the price has increased. he didn't give the normal or current price. read a little closer next time.

Welp, im gonna shift this off to N&SA Drug discussion. --->

Is anyone here old enough to remember mixed jive? It was a low-grade heroin sold in Detroit. I see the term "mixed jive" pop up on a Google search so I'm sure it's been used by more cities than just Detroit

I am not a heroin user but I knew many junkies back in the day. You could spot a mixed jive junkie on sight as many had open abscess sores on their bodies. Many of the users lost a foot or hand. The sores and limb lose was cause by the really nasty cut that the dealers used. I often wonder what cut was used to cause such devastating destruction on the users bodies.

I read a Detroit News article stating that the powder found inside fluorescent light bulbs was found in mix jive. I find it hard to believe that is possible because I'm fairly certain that fluorescent light bulbs contain mercury.

mixed jive is heroin mixed with quinine and lactose. They used to turn one kilo into about 12 kilos by doing this. Lactose aka similac for babies / quinine I believe is a drug used to treat malaria. I’m from the city. Another old school term is penny caps....

i wasnt around then but ive talked many old junkies in detroit, as i was born, raised and still live in the city. Apparently it was heroin/morphine mixed with quinine, and it was known for giving junkies the balloon hands and collapsing veins and all that.

This is interesting, the old slang. In my area in Ontario I’m aware that meth used to be called “grit” in the 80s/90s. I bet most people don’t know that one either.

mixed jive is heroin mixed with quinine and lactose. They used to turn one kilo into about 12 kilos by doing this. Lactose aka similac for babies / quinine I believe is a drug used to treat malaria. I’m from the city. Another old school term is penny caps....
You are most of the way right. Jive was old school Detroit slang for H. Their fore mixed jive was mixed H. You got three of the main ingredients correct, h , lactose or mannitol and quinine. The other main ingredient that you forgot is dormin/Benadryl. Mix all that together and you have the main part of mixed jive. Quinine is the malaria drug like you said and you put that@least 2to 1 ratio to the dorman/ benadryl. They put that with it because it's a antihistamine and helps you nod more when used with opiates. Those were the main things but mixed jive were sold under brand names.ex. rolls Royce,hoochie con,murder one, checkmate, whipcracker etc. Each one had a distinct cut out on it to give you a certain rush feeling etc. They used some pretty nasty shit to do this. I Know that silver cloud had the shit from florescent light tubes in it. If you held it in the light and looked at it you could see bits of the Mercury and White dust in it sparkling.red devil had well red devil lye In it. 12 keys to 1 was a conservative estimate. The was probably the mix at the start of the brands run. They would keep it like that for a while or even stronger to start . They wanted people to get high and it was even better if a few od and die. When people stared dropping from it the name spread though the hood like wildfire. All of the dopefeinds would want the dope that was killing people because it was strong. After the brand took off each successive time they hooked up it got less and less dope in it till people were shooting a bundle at a time and never even getting well let alone high. So a new brand would be introduced and the same cycle would start, eventually all of the brand names would be went through and reintroduced.the funny part about all of this is this was getting all the dope from the same place and it was the same dope that pony down was getting from their source. Their were

You are most of the way right. Jive was old school Detroit slang for H. Their fore mixed jive was mixed H. You got three of the main ingredients correct, h , lactose or mannitol and quinine. The other main ingredient that you forgot is dormin/Benadryl. Mix all that together and you have the main part of mixed jive. Quinine is the malaria drug like you said and you put that@least 2to 1 ratio to the dorman/ benadryl. They put that with it because it's a antihistamine and helps you nod more when used with opiates. Those were the main things but mixed jive were sold under brand names.ex. rolls Royce,hoochie con,murder one, checkmate, whipcracker etc. Each one had a distinct cut out on it to give you a certain rush feeling etc. They used some pretty nasty shit to do this. I Know that silver cloud had the shit from florescent light tubes in it. If you held it in the light and looked at it you could see bits of the Mercury and White dust in it sparkling.red devil had well red devil lye In it. 12 keys to 1 was a conservative estimate. The was probably the mix at the start of the brands run. They would keep it like that for a while or even stronger to start . They wanted people to get high and it was even better if a few od and die. When people stared dropping from it the name spread though the hood like wildfire. All of the dopefeinds would want the dope that was killing people because it was strong. After the brand took off each successive time they hooked up it got less and less dope in it till people were shooting a bundle at a time and never even getting well let alone high. So a new brand would be introduced and the same cycle would start, eventually all of the brand names would be went through and reintroduced.the funny part about all of this is this was getting all the dope from the same place and it was the same dope that pony down was getting from their source. Their was one main guy supplying each of those crews and those two guys were getting the dope from the same guy.He had connection all over the world high up the food chain and he was taking Arabic, Mexican, European and Oriental dope mixing those three or four together and blending it to get the effects from all of them. The Oriental stuff I hits you like mack truck but it didn't have the legs on it that the Arab dope does. When he gave it two the pony down guys and the ybi guy it was like 98 percent pure and then they stepped on it 20 to 1 or more. Then when the solgd it to the head guys from those two crews the stepped on it again then sent it to get hooked up into mixed jive. So basically one key might be made into a hundred. Mixed jive was cheaper so the dopefeinds liked it and it was hard to find raw or P in those days. a blow of mixed jive was five dollars and raw was 12 or fifteen Maybe In Brightmoor and Delray from the Mexicans. It that's where the name raw comes from because even though it's been stepped on it was of a higher purity and wasn't cut with a bunch of bullshit just Q and D And more Q than D.

Mixed Jive was heroin rampant in Detroit in the 80s. It might've been in other areas, but I'm from/ live in Detroit, and know it is known for being from here. Many former or still current users from that time have limb loss or loss of fingers, if they didn't die from mixed jive.

My granddad has five fingers total (including both of his hands), and uses a prosthetic leg, because he lost his left leg because of mixed jive. We are both addicts, but his stories about the mixed jive days are crazy. Like "everyone walked around with their hands looking like boxing gloves" and "if you missed a single bit of your shot, you could just kiss your arm goodbye" and "that'd why a lot of us started shooting in our legs then, because we'd rather those that than an arm."

Those were crazy days in Detroit. But I mean... they still are, and most would think we're crazy for what us addicts do now, so whatever.

Thanks for finishing the response for me. I was going to say that getting the abscess came from missing and getting it in muscles. My buddy Gary is missing a few fingers on each hand and his hands look like boxing gloves because they are so swollen and worst of all he has a big ole scar and skin graft his jaw all the way to his shoulder. He was shooting in the. neck because he had collapsed most of veins. My buddy Ramiro had circular scars from absessess all over his arms and legs,hands and feet . Then I know another couple of guy's that have wooden legs from it.

Mixed Jive was heroin rampant in Detroit in the 80s. It might've been in other areas, but I'm from/ live in Detroit, and know it is known for being from here. Many former or still current users from that time have limb loss or loss of fingers, if they didn't die from mixed jive.

My granddad has five fingers total (including both of his hands), and uses a prosthetic leg, because he lost his left leg because of mixed jive. We are both addicts, but his stories about the mixed jive days are crazy. Like "everyone walked around with their hands looking like boxing gloves" and "if you missed a single bit of your shot, you could just kiss your arm goodbye" and "that'd why a lot of us started shooting in our legs then, because we'd rather those that than an arm."

Those were crazy days in Detroit. But I mean... they still are, and most would think we're crazy for what us addicts do now, so whatever.
I didn't read Your whole reply and I but boxing over hands in my peplytoo gtg

The

fluorescent lights you being used to cut dope with is 100% true I put it in my reply to your question and the name of it was silver cloud