• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Mitragynine/7-hydroxymitragynine dosing?

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
I've been doing some heavy research into kratom once again and I'm trying to deduce the costs of powdered leaf vs tea and extracts/tinctures to try to maximize what I am getting for the price. I found that typical dried leaf can contain between 12-21mg/g of mitragynine and 0.11-0.39mg/g of 7-hydroxymitragynine.

So my pressing question here is, what can be a comparable oral dosing ratio compared to oral morphine? If I ingest 10g of leaf and therefore consume roughly 120mg of mitragynine and perhaps close to 2mg of 7-hydroxymitragynine, what would be a comparable dose of oral morphine be?

I know this is a rather complex subject and never as simple as just comparing the two, as many other alkaloids in the leaf play their role in mitigating additional effects, but I want to try to get a general idea here. I should probably have the answer to this by now as I've been using kratom since 2013, but I want to try to continue to educate myself on this plant as it is one of my staples of self-medication.

I'm also well aware that branding and manufacturing plays a huge role in preserving alkaloid content in the leaf, thus alkaloid content may vary wildly hopping from manufacturer to manufacturer, so I'd be curious into finding answers on that also.

I've stumbled upon kratom in my local headshop and they sell concentrated tinctures along with the powdered leaf and capsules. The concentrate has a content amount on the back listing close to 100mg of mitragynine and I believe around 4mg of 7-hydroxymitragynine. But it is pricey...25 dollars for the liquid shot bottle. Obviously being in a single shot of liquid, it would enter the bloodstream much quicker since the stomach doesnt have to break down all the plant fibers contained within plain powdered leaf, but it is yet another question I would like to explore..to see how much of a difference it would be in ingesting this concentrated tincture vs ingesting enough powdered leaf that would add up to the same amount of mitragynine/7-OH.