European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misuse of Drugs Act - 50 years on, Transform Drug Policy initiative

Bella Figura

Bluelight Crew
Any takers? Write to your MP with template provided / own story and hope for some change that might benefit us all...

We are asking MPs and Peers to use the 50th anniversary of the Misuse of Drugs Act as an opportunity to speak out on drug policy failures by signing up to the following statement:

The Misuse of Drugs Act (1971) is not fit for purpose. For 50 years, it has failed to reduce drug consumption. Instead it has increased harm, damaged public health and exacerbated social inequalities.

Change cannot be delayed any longer. We need reform and new legislation to ensure that future drug policy protects human rights, promotes public health and ensures social justice.

We want at least 50 MPs and Peers to support this message before the anniversary of the MDA passing into law on 27th May.

Currently 35/50 MPs on board.

What's the fuckin point when we have a real life Billy Bunter for PM surrounded by corrupt self serving hypocritical fucktards as government? Harry Anslinger was the Tory model it seems...

Kier starmers no better - someone asked him and he said drug laws are "about right". Prosecuted a lot of druggies when he was AG and believes drugs are the root of most evil in society.

Now 42 MPs...

I mean they're all fully aware of better drug laws around the world, other countries raking in the cash - of course the most popular dickheads have to appear to be all 'things are perfectly fine the way they are' lest they upset the morons who support them, but deep down they must know better...

It's been 50 fucking years for god's sake. Being gay was considered a mental disorder in them days (F.U.B.A.R., don't say it :p) Things can change.

The fact our PM can proudly say he can't wait to have his first pint of fucking piss at the pub come restrictions easing, but weed is still considered a 'harmful' substance is pretty depressing.

Fuck them all obviously, but I refuse to believe we're the only druggy country where laws aren't going to be improved upon on.

would probably be more effective to win murdoch over by whatever means possible, bribery/blackmail probably. then i imagine everyone would follow suit quickly.

i have from time to time canvassed with the lib dems and people on the doorstep would be like 'i like most of your policies but will not vote for you cos you want to legalise weed' - some of them would agree to meet later for longer to have the policy explained to them (not by me, by the candidates) in more detail and those that opted for it would usually be won round. but that is like hours of work per single voter to agree about a policy regarding one drug.

get the daily heil on board people will change their minds in no time i reckon.

Well the daily hell just reported positively on mushrooms for depression for once, so the tide is turning...

Soon tooled up yobs and orange essex girls will be spouting on about the Mayan calendar and entity contact, just you wait!

would probably be more effective to win murdoch over by whatever means possible, bribery/blackmail probably. then i imagine everyone would follow suit quickly.

The Times has been publishing several pro-drug articles in the past year or two.

Last edited:
Remind me in the morning. I'm on a journey, I won't stop believing in better build back brilliant in the novel normalisation