• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Missed IV Shot of Cocaine & Possible Complications

C

CocaRush

I am a daily IV user (mainly herion or suboxone to stay well) but am taking a break from it for financial reasons. No matter what drug I inject, I always try to do it in the safest way possible, and take measures to minimize damage to my veins. I use a 31-guage (1cc) syringe, and about 80 units of water (.8mL), and ALWAYS run my shot through a micron filter (.2u pore size, Whatman brand).

So I had some cocaine which was not great quality, but not crap, just average street stuff. It was definitely cut with something nasty because it gave me jitters and headaches for hours after I use it, but I didn't know that initially because my "test line" that I snorted went up smooth and didn't cause any problems.

Since I'm taking a break from heroin, I miss the rush it provides. So to get that rush I'm craving, I wanted to dive in with a very big shot of cocaine. Of course, they are very different rushes in terms of effects, but if you have ever injected quality cocaine, you know that it is the most intense IV rush there is (out of any drug). Before I even push the plunger down I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my head. After it's injected I get an extreme head rush that forces me to lay down and take deep breaths. Every noise (especially people talking on TV) sounds distorted, kind of like a low quality mp3 file. It's hard to explain, but it is quite a unique experience and is far more intense than a sexual orgasm (I'm a guy).

Anyway, on to the reason of this post: So 2 weeks ago I prepared a big shot of 200mg of cocaine, .8mL of water, and as I mentioned, pushed through a micron wheel filter. I used the most reliable vein (the crook of my elbow on my non-dominant arm). I press the needle in and registered successfully so I thought I was in the vein, but after the shot I got no rush and the area around the injection site became inflamed, red (skin) and slightly tender (but not quite painful). There was slight raised bump under the injection site, but not big enough to cause me to panic. It also caused the surrounding muscles (from my elbow to my wrist to be slightly numb for several hours). I probably was in the vein initially but slipped out (most likely pushed through the other end of the vein: the needle was all the way in and I was pressing down more than usual due to nerves I guess).

So the redness, swelling and numbness went away after 2 hours. The only thing that was left was the usual red-hole on my skin that is left after injecting, but this one was bigger than normal and more swollen. After this I immediately injected a similar sized shot on my other arm in the same location, and this gave me a typical cocaine rush so I can confirm that there was at least a decent amount of cocaine in the product along with whatever else it was cut with.

I have missed shots before with heroin (only 2-3 times in the past year), and get the same type of redness and swelling, but those shots were on a different vein (the inside of the elbow) rather than the huge visible vein in the crook of the elbow. The missed heroin shots did not cause the complications that this recent cocaine shot did.

So for the next few days, the area under the injection site is slightly numb, and it feels like the actual vein is numb. when I move my forearm up and down, I get a weird tingly/numb feeling in the vein at the injection site. Also whether I miss the shot or not, it usually heals after a few days, but it is 2 weeks later now and there is still a reddish spot (not quite an open hole though) which concerns me. Though the vein is no longer numb/tingly feeling.

I recently tried that same vein again with heroin, but at a different location (further up the arm), just to see if the vein still works. I registered and injected successfully, so it appears that the vein is still functional.

Questions

1) Should I be worried that the red spot from the initial missed shot is still there and seems to be healing very very slowly?

2) I cannot see a doctor about this because I legitimately receive anxiety meds (benzos), and fear that if I'm labeled a drug user that I will lose these important scripts, among other reasons.

3) Other than testing if I can still register and inject (which I did); Is there any way (on my own) that I can test if the vein is still healthy and whether or not long-term damage has been done from the missed shot?

The cocaine I injected with was not very clean, and was definitely cut with other stimulant chemicals, and probably other various inert chemicals that (in my opinion) could possibly be caustic and damage the vein and/or surrounding tissue.

thx any advice is welcome

Please see a doctor or medical professional ASAP, or even go to a hospital. You may have a bacterial infection and need medication, and it's best to get it checked out. People have died and had limbs amputated because of infections and IV drugs.

You will not get into any legal trouble for telling a doctor or other medical professional about how you IV drugs. You will NOT lose your prescriptions to benzos if you see a doctor or go to a hospital. Stay safe.

Did you go to see a doctor, or go to the hospital? I hope you are OK.

Not worth it to wait and find out, if you feel that this is warranting a post on here than a check up at a doc I'm the box should be a priority. The above poster is correct you won't lose your scripts. I missed a shot of bupe a few years ago and ended up seeing a doctor and no one was the wiser. My sub doc didn't know, I also had a missed IV meth shot months ago same deal got it checked out (meth being notorious for fucking your arms up when you miss) my GP and psychiatrist never knew. The HIPPA states that without express (usually written permission) that one doctor cannot obtain PRIVILEGED info from another. Good luck let us know what happens.

If you used a 0.2micron and still have problems better see a doc asap.
Hell,i know how hard that can be!!!