• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Missed cotton/poor filter I.V

madskilz

Bluelighter
This is sort of part question and part warning/reminder.. i mixed up a shot of speed in the car at night, couldn't see very well, and i recall I more or less missed the filter completely for the first half of the draw. The dope was good, not pure-i'm sure it had some kind of cut in it. Reason i bring this all up is i had slight difficulty breathing all day long and felt like i had to cough all the time. This is more or less a good sign right when you hit, but when your lungs tickle in an uncomfortable way and your breathing is labored all day that isn't cool.

the veins carry blood to the lungs which act as a filter. well, i think the poorly filtered stuff did something there. anyone else had this? I think the cuts are probably the worst part of the equasion, i've known a couple junkies to not use a cotton at all that had an absolutely pure cocaine hookup-i thought they were crazy.. but anyways remember to follow ur safety procedures and dont do what i did :p

This is sort of part question and part warning/reminder.. i mixed up a shot of speed in the car at night, couldn't see very well, and i recall I more or less missed the filter completely for the first half of the draw. The dope was good, not pure-i'm sure it had some kind of cut in it. Reason i bring this all up is i had slight difficulty breathing all day long and felt like i had to cough all the time. This is more or less a good sign right when you hit, but when your lungs tickle in an uncomfortable way and your breathing is labored all day that isn't cool.

the veins carry blood to the lungs which act as a filter. well, i think the poorly filtered stuff did something there. anyone else had this? I think the cuts are probably the worst part of the equasion, i've known a couple junkies to not use a cotton at all that had an absolutely pure cocaine hookup-i thought they were crazy.. but anyways remember to follow ur safety procedures and dont do what i did :p

We have no way on saying what's in your cut at all; I am sorry you are experiencing this.

Have you tried something to reverse the stimulation, like something that would lower your blood pressure?

Whenever I am on any type of amphetamine, it's not as easy to take slower/full breaths; it forces you to have labored breathing, and to breathe quickly.

May I move this to the IV Complications Mega Thread? Otherwise I'd probably close this; plenty of people ask about cuts in drugs all the time and there's no way to tell what was in it without a lab analyzing it. If you have no more of the same batch, there'll never be a real way of knowing for sure.

Didn't know there was an IV complications megathread, sounds good to me.

The sticky lung sensation has gone now.. (phew) The whole thing was kinda weird because I thought amphetamines to actually help you breathe.. I was starting to wonder if it was from some other factor entirely. If doing one hit of X drug improperly filtered was that drastic- I wanted to know, and thought others may be interested to hear as well.

tx