Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Miscellaneous Rants Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to rant about how much I hate sydney. I might make my own forum about that though :)

Here's my rant and it's about Coles (sorry Jo).

how hard is it to scan one item ONCE, and not twice? In the last few months, I can't count the number of times I've looked on my docket and realised that an item had been scanned twice, therefore costing me double - but it's been totals of like, $5 or $6 so I haven't bothered going back. Would probably cost me more in petrol to go back once I realised, the cost of fuel these days :)

But today just took the cake - I found a scarf I liked the look of, so while my groceries were going through I asked the checkout chick to scan it to see what the price was... I decided $13 was a bit much to add to my grocery bill so I said "no thanks" and handed it back to her. Get home, and realise, she hasn't deleted that $13 scan from my bill, so I've paid for the damn scarf and haven't got it.

To their credit, when I drove all the way back there to reclaim my $13 it wasn't a hassle at all, but grrr. I'm getting a bit fed up with all the mistakes!

Fortunately, I hate Woolworths even more than Coles, so I'm not likely to swap anytime soon... plus I've become addicted to FlyBuys :eek:

^ On the opposite end of the spectrum my housemate went to buy some tobacco from Coles about a month ago and they scanned the tally-ho papers twice but didn't scan the tobacco. So he got about $20 of tobacco for 50c :)

kittymeow said:
On the clear bins @ Flinders....Yes they did in fact put them in to prevent bombs being dumped in them - notice how they were installed a short time before the Commonwealth Games?

yea i noticed it was just before the games, lol im actualy surprized I figured out that they were in case of bombs...thats fair enough.. till i read in mx about the 'bomb scare' on one of the trains at flinders the other day. Aparantly nothing was getting done about it and passangers started 'poking at it', eventualy a service person that worked in the station had to go in and take it off himself. made me wonder if they dont do anything about a 'potential bomb' in the middle of a train what are they guna do when somethings in a bin 8) .. lol i love reading that bit in mx where people winge about the trains and stuff

breakyaself said:
I want to rant about how much I hate sydney. I might make my own forum about that though :)
fuck you! i gave a cigarette to a technicolour dreamcoat. house kmate is beat my shit out of me. bastardh

^^ im going to take a WILD guess and say that yarni is under the influence

i think you underestimate te power of a technicolour dreamcoat!

my rant is about: BITCHES WHO MAKE ME COME BACK TO THEIR PLACE WITH THE PROMISE OF ALCOHOL WHEN IT = DRINKING RED WINE OUT OF A HUNGRY JACKS CUP!

yeah, fuck oiy!

i once got so desperate for alcohol, i drank 2 bottles of red wine vinegar for a small amount of buzz in the produce cool room at woolworths
only buzz i got was from the undiluted red cordial chaser

Deeeeep, Maaaaan

I'm inna room with ex-pats.
Listenin' to Screamin' Jets...

Please Understand.
Or Overstand.

I could say won't someone say what they mean, but...
...hey...
...my posts seem a bit off-scotdresser (A)

lostpunk5545 said:
^ On the opposite end of the spectrum my housemate went to buy some tobacco from Coles about a month ago and they scanned the tally-ho papers twice but didn't scan the tobacco. So he got about $20 of tobacco for 50c :)

That's happened to me before as well, and I just don't understand how you could sell someone cigarettes and scan wrong, but then even worse be like "That'll be 50c thanks for your huge amount of tobacco."

How dumb can you be?! Wouldn't you connect the dots and realise what you were saying?

^^ Perhaps they bought it with other groceries?

(Although if it was the tobacco alone... how dumb can you be?!! =D)

<3

^But how mind numbing is their job?
If you're customer # 8961978237125 of their eight hour shift and they've had no breaks to speak of, chances are their powers of observation wouldn't be working that well. :\

Also, with reference to the bomb scare at Flinders, I actually reported a strange attache case in a carriage the other week.
It was sitting there alone in one of the carriages and I became pretty dubious about it - so much so that I changed carriages for the rest of the trip into the city and then reported it.

I didn't hear anything about delays or a bomb scare that day so who knows if they actually did anything about it at all?
Instills a lot of hope in the system, doesn't it? :|

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Here's my rant and it's about Coles (sorry Jo).

haha no probs, I know better than anyone how shit Coles can be :D
how hard is it to scan one item ONCE, and not twice? In the last few months, I can't count the number of times I've looked on my docket and realised that an item had been scanned twice, therefore costing me double - but it's been totals of like, $5 or $6 so I haven't bothered going back. Would probably cost me more in petrol to go back once I realised, the cost of fuel these days :)

But today just took the cake - I found a scarf I liked the look of, so while my groceries were going through I asked the checkout chick to scan it to see what the price was... I decided $13 was a bit much to add to my grocery bill so I said "no thanks" and handed it back to her. Get home, and realise, she hasn't deleted that $13 scan from my bill, so I've paid for the damn scarf and haven't got it.

To their credit, when I drove all the way back there to reclaim my $13 it wasn't a hassle at all, but grrr. I'm getting a bit fed up with all the mistakes!

Fortunately, I hate Woolworths even more than Coles, so I'm not likely to swap anytime soon... plus I've become addicted to FlyBuys :eek:

Don't bother going back straight away, just keep your reciepts and go for the refund next time you're doing your shopping.
Tell them it's been happening heaps, it's really annoying & they should retrain their people, if they try to refuse (which they won't, it's easier to just do the $3 refund) ask for a manager. A manager will always authorise a refund for this.
If you still have all of your receipts take them all, show them it's an ongoing problem.

My miscallaneous rant is about Brisbane Bus Drivers.

(a) They used to be nice. Everyone knows that Brisbane bus drivers were a friendly bunch, akin to nice old grandpa's who would automatically stop if you didn't know where a certain stop was and even wish you a good day when you got off. Now they are just as liable to abuse you for not getting off quick enough and not let you ON the bus if you carry anything more than a $10.00 note!

(b)Yesterday, i was getting on a packed bus, there were about 5 people behind me, and i was one zone short of where i was going (i only had a zone 2-5, i got on in a zone one, so essentially i had to purchase a makeup zone, which most drivers wouldn't give a fuck about).

So, the bus driver practically shouted that i had to get another zone. Then when i showed my student card to get the extra zone (cause the original ticket was a concession ticket and the driver demanded to see a concession card) he shouted, once again, that is was invalid and that i now had to buy a brand new zone 1-5 full fare ticket.

After digging around for change, rather red faced, the cunt of a bus driver was not going to let me on the bus because one of the ten cent coins was a kiwi one which inadvertently gave to him !!!!!!!!!!!! It took the kindness (or just impatience) of the person behind me to give me 10 cents cause i had no cash left in my wallet for me to be able to purchase a damn ticket.

I sat down so embarrased, after being made to feel like a criminal, all because the ticket natzi felt like being a cunt. I then read a sign on the side of the bus saying it was not the bus drivers responsiblity to regulate people having a valid ticket and that drivers cannot be held responsible if they let people on with an incorrect ticket. I felt like dragging this bus driver by his shirt and showing it to him :)

I mean sure, i could have just had the right ticket but i had no idea when and where i was going to get on. Plus i got evils from the rest of the bus for being the annoying person who takes forever!

*BUMP*

Why does every fucking myspace "website" have to look so FUCKING SHITHOUSE! JEEEZUZ KRRIST. Every fucking one looks so disorganised and all over the place, plus they have such annoying background images that make it near impossible to read.

myspace.... pffft .... mywaste more like it.

[/end rant]

Don't people just accept that NZ and Australian 5c, 10c and 20c pieces are just interchangeable? I mean, they're the same fucking coin worth pretty much the same amount of money!

Oh, and in my opinion, Woolworths craps all over Coles. I refuse and object to shopping at Coles. Their produce is shit, their stores are shit, they're expensive, their range of products is pathetic, and they're just totally shit at everything. Fuck Coles.

Apparently over every product that Coles sells that Woolies also sells, Coles is actually the cheaper one (though I have no source for this other than 'I was told that while working there')

Status
Not open for further replies.