• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Minimizing opiate nausea

ranunky

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I felt a bit sick after smoking some heroin and took a D3 antagonist. firstly, i think it took away the euphoria a bit even though i'm still fucked up, just without the 'ooh yeah' feeling half as much, secondly, i puked my ring up anyway. Anyone got any tried and trusted techniques for tranquilising tummy troubles?

PS: I tried weed to no avail

Last edited by a moderator:
just throw up. when ever i snort too much oxy i get an upset stomach and it will last for hours unless i throw up whatever is in my stomach at that time.

-Lie down, lose yourself in music or thought

-Get a girlfriend or a girl friend to give you an erotic massage, that'll keep your mind on something other than nausea.

You'll feel better if you puke, puke it out, brush your teeth... it's all good.

Last edited:
Either throw up, or dont take as much. Ive puked from opiates countless times.

Its not that bad. Its not like youll be puking all night. I usually just go to the bathroom,

puke real quick, then I go about my business. Its a common occurance. I cant

even count how many times Ive thrown up right before leaving for work haha. :\

I don't mind the puking, it's just that it makes it harder not to get caught when I'm with my parents.

Lying down is an idea i guess. None of my friends know about my bi monthly treat so there's noone to massage me.

Would remeron work, since it has H1 antagonist side effects?

Last edited:
try using an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine(benadryl) or promethazine(phenergan). they generally help out with nausea. smoking some weed always helps me when i feel ill in the stomach.

yeah leftwing, I just thought of that. Do you think remeron would work?

try using an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine(benadryl) QUOTE]

Oh yeah...it's definitely a good idea for opiate naive people to mix sedating antihistimines with heavy opioids...

WTF? Am I missreading this???

try using an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine(benadryl)

Oh yeah...it's definitely a good idea for opiate naive people to mix sedating antihistimines with heavy opioids...

no... It IS a good idea for even opiate naive people to mix benadryl with EVEN heavy opioids. Its not going to kill you... Even if you take a shit load, it'll be the heroin that kills you, not the combination. It really helps with the nausea. I refuse to take opiates without taking benadryl first, even if i'm taking like twice my usual dose.

I'm not saying the combination would kill an opiate naive person *per se*.

But that extra sedation could cause hella problems. I'd say Leftwing's idea was pretty sound, and likely very helpful. But we might want to add the caveat: "Take less dope than you normally would."

But that extra sedation could cause hella problems. I'd say Leftwing's idea was pretty sound, and likely very helpful. But we might want to add the caveat: "Take less dope than you normally would."

Well... I still disagree. Diphenhydramine (benadryl) does not cause your CNS to depress a substantial amount. Lets say 100mg of oxy would kill jimmy, but 95 would bring him really close to death, but not quite kill him. I think if he took 95mg of oxy and 100mg benadryl, he still wouldn't die. But really i'm just a college freshmen with no medical experience, so don't take my word for it.

try using an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine(benadryl) or promethazine(phenergan). they generally help out with nausea. smoking some weed always helps me when i feel ill in the stomach.

hey, thats why ur a mod now, lol

antihistamines cause sedation, but do they cause CNS depression? I don't believe they do but that's just a vague notion hopefully someone who knows will reply.

try using an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine(benadryl)

no you're not

hey, thats why ur a mod now, lol

was this a lame attempt at an insult?

yes you're right, it could possibly cause hella problems. because anti-histamines can be an additive to the heroin high i probably should have stated to be careful with the dosing. but because the person is smoking their heroin, dosing can be moderated to an extent.

yeah leftwing, I just thought of that. Do you think remeron would work?

no i don't think it will work because it's an antidepressant.

Like some have said, marijuana and laying down can do wonders. For me laying down can be the difference between a totally pleasant high, and puking all night.

Also, I'm with leftwing, the diphenhydramine can help. But as always when combining diphen and opiates, I always recommend using a low dose of the benadryl.

Last edited:
no i don't think it will work because it's an antidepressant.

Yes it may actually work. You probably aren't aware that doctors do ocassionally use mirtazapine to treat nausea e.g. in chemotherapy patients. It's pharmacological profile lends itself to being an anti-emetic.

^ok cool. i just knew remerom was classed as an anti-d, i wasnt aware of the anti-emetic effects.

Yeah Remeron (Mirtazipine) should work. It's the only thing I know that tends to give worse munchies than pot, and that's not an exaggeration. Literally 90% of the people prescribed it gain weight, not due to some enzymatic/digestive change, but just shear hunger! Mirtazipine is highly sedative though, definitely will make you drowsy. I'd say it falls somewhere in between Seroquel & Ambien as far as sleep-aids go.

Good luck, I know where you're coming from because I'm also super sensitive when it comes to nausea on opiates. I've actually been booting all night :\.

Opps! I just realized that this thread was March '09 instead of March '10.

Sorry for da bumpz...

lulz

+2 posts regardless